Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, man. Now I have another problem. I reach the installer but i'm stuck at "2 minutes remaining". How can I solve this?
View attachment 427535
You have to download Clover_v2.4k_r4920-UEFI-EmuNVR-UB.pkg from MacMan´s guide, run it and select you USB UniBeast drive as installation location.

Dear @MacMan, All,
before selling my MacBook I created the UniBeast stick. Now I noticed that I had to apply ACPI patch BEFORE booting from the stick, so I should have it done in a Mac environment, using PlistBuddy command. I noticed that the patch is a simple text file and PlistBuddy does nothing else than add its contents into config.plist in EFI partition of USB stick.

Now that I don't have a Mac any more, I installed Ubuntu where I can mount RW the EFI partition and edit files.

Question is: Where exactly to put the lines from ACPI_PATCH to config.plist?
Or, is anyone willing to share their patched config.plist so I can replace mine? Thank you very much.

Where exactly to put the lines from ACPI_PATCH to config.plist?

Hey,

I am using the latest BIOS on my motherboard, and followed the instructions on the first post. When trying to boot the installer, I got the following panic.

I also attached my EFI folder on the installer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1928.JPG
    IMG_1928.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
followed the instructions on the first post

If you use UEFI version 2203 or later the system will hang during the boot of macOS at apfs_module_start:1393. @mattystonnie has created a patch that fixes this

1393.png

View attachment 430461

I applied the patch. In Clover Configurator, this is what's on my Acpi screen

1571045942672.png

I applied the patch. In Clover Configurator, this is what's on my Acpi screen
Must be some other cause then, no more ideas.

Thank you, message #60 of that thread helped me move further.

Now, in Disk Utility I don't see my NVMe Crucial P1 disk.
edit2: I just partitioned it using diskutil.
edit3: stuck at 2 minutes remaining. I guess i should have run clover_v2-4k_r4920-uefi-emunvr-ub-pkg-zip BEFORE installation. How can I do it now that I don't have a Mac? I can unpack the pkg in Windows or Linux, there are another pkgs inside, but where to put them? How to proceed through Linux or Windows? @MacMan
Edit4: I installed windows, virtualbox and macos inside it. There I finished the Unibeast key and successfully installed. Then I did the final reboot and according to verbose messages everything went well but in the end the monitor went black. I think I don't see the picture for some reason.
CPU is i5 9600K.
Monitor is old VGA-only, connected over hdmi to VGA adapter. Can this be the cause? How come it worked ok before reboot, just after install and not working after (the multibeast configuration)?
e5: I may have forgotten "Core Graphics Fixup" in Multibeast. I'll try to fix it tomorrow, either through safe mode or reinstall completely.
e6: done, fully up and running. Restoring from Time machine.

Last edited:
Hi @MacMan

I make installation by your guide, but I can't not boot to installation screen.

It error at: Could not set enviroment: 141: Reentrancy avoided

My build:

Asus TUF Z390 PRO
Core i9 9900k
HyperX fury DDR4 8gb x2
No VGA
Samsung 960 Evo 256gb

Please help me, thank you

Attachments

• install-error.jpg
    install-error.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 74
Hi,

I changed my ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G to ROG STRIX Z370-G with WiFi and airport card. It's working so far (handover, airdrop and so on) but I cannot activate iGPU multi-monitor support...
I followed the golden build of @pastrychef, and it's rock stable

My question:
Do you think it's safe to just replace the Z370 ROG STRIX edition to Asus TUF Z390M-Pro WiFi?
I think the mainboards are nearly similar, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back