Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ereryone,

I have a storage problem.
Will it work on this motherboard if I install Mojave on PCIe NVme M.2 SDD(system drive) and use 4 SATA HDD for data storage?

I would like to build a similar hackintosh

i5-9600KF
ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming
Ballistix Sport II 16GB x2
Samsung 970 Pro

I got everything up and running by following your instructions to the letter. Much thanks!
Note: I added my NMVe to the one with the heat sink and used MacMan's Multibeast configuration, so it's showing iMac 19,1 with the 9700K.
I set up my last Hackintosh nearly 5 years ago, so I apologize for the stoopid question:
Is further SSDT tweaking necessary?

Last edited:
@MacMan Have you updated this build to Catalina yet?

I did the Apple store update and now get to a blank screen just prior to logging in. Wondering if you had any thoughts?
No, I'm away on vacation.

Hi, I have just bought all of these parts. I'm going to build it this weekend. Excited!:mrgreen:

Hey @MacMan, thanks a lot for this guide. It was great help, as with many more things in this community. Got it working very fast thanks to all your observations.

It's a great build! just make sure you use an HDMI connection at this point if installing Catalina - Displayport is a problem
By your post, I guess you already updated to Catalina. Any observations beside HDMI and DisplayPort issue you mention. I'm using HDMI anyway and would like to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back