Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a similar hackintosh (see signature), and it worked fine. I added a Crucial BX 500 SSD to it, installed macOS Catalina, and it worked fine as well. Then, I added a Dell 2415Q 4K display (via the display port connection on the mainboard), and, since then, I am getting errors at boot time. After Clover, the Apple logo would appear for a second, then the "no entry" sign. When I then restart, after a couple of attempts, the system boots normally, and everything is fine.

I have done hard disk repairs, which did not solve the problem. My plist is attached, but it is very similar to the one in this Golden BBuild.
Any idea? What does the 4K have to do with booting?
The machine still has an old nVidia card installed, but I only use it when booting as PC.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 90
Update on the issue above:
The error I got was "Couldn't allocate runtime area".
The following changes fixed it in Clover
Added boot flag "slide = 0"
Changed CsrActiveConfig to "0x7F" (it had been "0x3")

Not sure what the above does, but I did not have the issue again.

Thanks, @tkheard. I believe it worked. Waiting on the reboot right now.

I have a question: @MacMan's post says to: “Drag & drop MultiBeast, EFI Mounter V3, Clover Configurator and KextBeast files from the thumb drive to your Applications folder, unzip them” but only instructs what to do with MultiBeast. What do I do with the other apps?

@Ginhuey, They are apps.
CloverConfigurator edits config.plist files as well as mounts EFI partitions.
I've not used EFImounter, but I'd surmise that it just mounts EFI partitions.
You might not need to use either one of these, but they're available if you do.

Anyone have any suggestions. I've followed all the steps in the guide here, also double checked the additional BIOS settings in UniBeast guide. I keep stalling at progress bar prior to installer.

Board: TUF Z390-Plus
BIOS Ver: 2417
i7 - 9700K
XFX RX 580
32GB DDR4

Connecting to a case USB that is connected to USB2.0 headers.

BIOS

Ai Overclock Tuner: XMPI
VMX Virtualization: Enabled
CFG Lock: Disabled
VT-d: Disabled
Above 4G Decoding: Disabled
Graphics: PCIe
USB power delivery in Soft Off: Disabled
XHCI: Enabled
Legacy USB: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled, Other OS
Fast Boot: Disabled

Both NVMe and ACPI patches installed.

I have tried with and without USB Injection / Ownership, have also tried adding FakeSMC.

Also, not sure if it makes a difference but I am attempting to install High Sierra (with High Sierra Unibeast)

---------------------------------------
UPDATE: Anyone else with an XFX RX 580 who has pulled all their hair out, my XFX RX 580 has a Legacy / UEFI switch beside the power input on the card. Disabled legacy using the switch and it is installing now

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

I get this:
iMacdiRiccardo:~ riccardobellitto$ /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Merge: Error Reading File: ASUS_ACPI

how can I solve it?

I get this:
iMacdiRiccardo:~ riccardobellitto$ /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Merge: Error Reading File: ASUS_ACPI

how can I solve it?

It looks like you are running the command from your home folder. If the file is on your Desktop, type “cd Desktop” before runnin the command, or else copy the file to your home folder.

It looks like you are running the command from your home folder. If the file is on your Desktop, type “cd Desktop” before runnin the command, or else copy the file to your home folder.
Thanks, man. Now I have another problem. I reach the installer but i'm stuck at "2 minutes remaining". How can I solve this?
IMG-20190925-WA0058.jpg

Thanks, man. Now I have another problem. I reach the installer but i'm stuck at "2 minutes remaining". How can I solve this?
View attachment 427535

I have the same issue too. What do you have to do in that case?

Also, that hint is unclear for me.

Since UEFI version 2012 does not support native NVRAM, you will need to add Emulate NVRam support to your UniBeast drive. If you don't do this you will get hangs during the install process. You can add Emulated NVRAM to your UniBeast 9.2 USB Installation drive using the attached Clover_v2.4k_r4920-UEFI-EmuNVR-UB.pkg.

How exactly I can "add Emulated NVRAM to your UniBeast 9.2 USB Installation drive using the attached Clover_v2.4k_r4920-UEFI-EmuNVR-UB.pkg" I installed Clover_v2.4k_r4920-UEFI-EmuNVR-UB.pkg but I don't see any icon for launch :(

Hey MacMan

Are there instructions that are asummed and not documented after the UniBeast is done creating the installer and the ASUS_ACPI patch applied? Things like SMBIOS->picking the right model/serials, adding kexts etc.

My hardware is similar to yours:

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390M-Pro mATX
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
RAM
: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
SSD
: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU
: Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5
Case
: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
PSU