Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again. is some one who find right solution to active Z390 + 9900K + HD630 + AMD RADEON + SMBIOS 19.1 + 10.14.5 ?
I try many option but no luck when I try to active HD630 GPU not work very stable.. a lot of lagging.
I upload my last config.

Attachments

• config191.plist
    9.7 KB · Views: 236
Thanks MacMan. I will check that. Currently, I have RTX 2060, and I know It is not supported by Apple. So I am planning to buy RX580. My built will be TUF Z390-Pro Gaming + i7 9700K + RX 580. As I am new to this world, I just wanted to know whether it is worth buying RX580. Is there anyone successfully hackinthoshed with this build. And, again, THANK YOU for all the support. I might have reached this far without this genius group. Thanks
Yes, the Sapphire RX 580 is the best way to go on your budget. The 2060 is not supported on Mojave though you could have tried without the graphics card. But the RX 580 would be perfect to go with.

hey is it possible to use dual monitor thru integrated gpu ? and what other motherboards (z390) allow it ? i have an 1070ti and would like to still use it under windows, thats why i would like to upgrade to mojave and use igpu ;)cheers

Last edited:
hey is it possible to use dual monitor thru integrated gpu ? and what other motherboards (z390) allow it ? i have an 1070ti and would like to still use it under windows, thats why i would like to upgrade to mojave and use igpu ;)cheers

I'm using iGPU in the hackintosh and 1080 in Windows, so that's not a problem. My motherboard is Asus Maximus XI Hero (WiFi) but I assume that whatever motherboard in the shopping guide will support this. In my case I have some problems with the HDMI connector so I'm using it through the DP one.

I'm using iGPU in the hackintosh and 1080 in Windows, so that's not a problem. My motherboard is Asus Maximus XI Hero (WiFi) but I assume that whatever motherboard in the shopping guide will support this. In my case I have some problems with the HDMI connector so I'm using it through the DP one.

Can you disable the dGPU without whatervergreen kext? I'm currently doing the same, iGPU for macOS - Nvidia dGPU for windows 10. whatervergreen kext and -wegnoegpu bootflag.

But, when I disable whatervergreen kext, I get better OpenGL Performance mit the iGPU UHD630. But then I don't know how to disable the dGPU...

Hmm, 8086 is very close

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 5.44.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-05-31 at 5.44.32 PM.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 225
@MacMan

Thanks very much for the build instructions, I've got almost an identical one myself!

I'm having trouble at the plist patch step. for some reason the command doesn't work for me and after hours of google searches I'm no closer to getting it done.

What I've done is:
  1. Done the standard unibeast install to USB drive
  2. downloaded and unzipped ASUS_ACPI.zip
  3. Mounted USB EFI using clover
  4. put ASUS_ACPI in
    Code:
    /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  5. Opened Terminal and pasted
    Code:
    /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  6. response:
    Code:
    Merge: Error Reading File: ASUS_ACPI
If you could give me some pointers on where I'm going wrong I'd really appreciate it. I've unpacked the file and quick look shows it seems fine but.... (I've never really used PLISTBUDDY)

Attached both my config.plist and the ASU_ACPI just on case you need anything there.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 235
  • ASUS_ACPI.zip
    940 bytes · Views: 208
In Terminal you need to change directory to where ASUS_ACPI is stored or use the explicit path in the command.

In Terminal you need to change directory to where ASUS_ACPI is stored or use the explicit path in the command.

:) thanks so much @MacMan!

A bi of a facepalm moment there - but got it running by navigating to the EFI/Clover directory where I stored the files and ran the entire explicit path in the command.

Followed the instructions and only ran into trouble as I didn't have a USB2.0 port available as described (gave it a shot to see and oh well!). Quick trip to grab a USB2.0 9 pin header to usb 3.0 cable so I could use the front panel connectors (they didn't' stock the expansion piece - I've got that on order.

Anyway, its done and working perfectly thanks for the guide and the quick response!

Geekbench score below:
Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.20.54 pm.png

Hello
Great job you do
I am new with hackintosh
I have the same Motherboard
Asus TUF Z390 Pro Gaming
CPU i5-9600K
for low budget i will upgrade later to i9
RAM
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32gb 3200MHz
GPU MSI RX 580 8GB
m.2 HP EX900 1TB
m.2 EVO Pro 512GB
ssd Kingston A400 480GB
Now I just waiting to start my build : the PSU 750w 80+ Gold

I have two question if you don't mind to help me :

Can I use same steps with your build ?
What will happen if NVRAM doesn't worked? Is it will effect on system stability? I need this machine for 4K video editing with Final Cut Pro X only and Mojave?

I apologize for my poor English.
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back