Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Any direction will be great
Thanks!

This is covered in Post #1

"I've attached the patch file ASUS_ACPI in a .zip file that you can install using plistbuddy in Terminal after unzipping."

Download the ASUS_ACPI .zip file in Post #1 and run it using the plistbuddy command listed

You will need to install the patch on your UniBeast drive and then on your destination disk after running MultiBeast.

The command would look like this if Clover was just installed to the destination:
Bash:
Code:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

or like this if you had to mount the destination EFI
Bash:
Code:
 /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Hello everyone,

Thanks, @MacMan, for this guide. It helped me a lot. I've got same specs for my hackintosh build but I'm facing a problem. After the restart (After installing MultiBeast using your file), the system won't boot. It's stuck at the black screen with white Apple logo loading. It takes a lot of time until the bar finally freezes and never completes loading.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Hello again,

Today I started tests again, and, when booting with the -v mode, I get stuck in the following line:

FakeSMC v6.26-357-gceb835eaconsole relocated to 0x7f00000000
[ PCI configuration en, bridges 4, devices 11 ]

Thanks for your help.

It looks like you are running the command from your home folder. If the file is on your Desktop, type “cd Desktop” before runnin the command, or else copy the file to your home folder.
I am getting "Duplicate Entry Was Skipped: Patches". Can you help me? What does that mean?

Hi, all!
I just threw this build together and followed the BIOS settings and used UniBeast to create the boot drive on a (macOS extended journaled) formatted a 32GB Kingston DTSE9 thumbdrive. plugged it into the USB 2.0 slot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCVSPZ1/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

When I get F8, it says there's no bootable drive.
I tested the mouse on the USB2.0 drives, and the mouse works so the USB 2.0s are working fine.

Hi, all!
I just threw this build together and followed the BIOS settings and used UniBeast to create the boot drive on a (macOS extended journaled) formatted a 32GB Kingston DTSE9 thumbdrive. plugged it into the USB 2.0 slot https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCVSPZ1/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

When I get F8, it says there's no bootable drive.
I tested the mouse on the USB2.0 drives, and the mouse works so the USB 2.0s are working fine.
So you are able to select the USB stick as your boot volume in the F8 Menu and the system can't find the OS? Or you can't see the USB stick as an option when you get to the F8 menu?

If it's the latter then I would try a different USB stick, maybe a 16GB one

So you are able to select the USB stick as your boot volume in the F8 Menu and the system can't find the OS? Or you can't see the USB stick as an option when you get to the F8 menu?

If it's the latter then I would try a different USB stick, maybe a 16GB one

It's the latter. Thanks. I'm going to try a different USB stick.

You can just plug in the new empty stick, and hit F8. It should show up as a boot option in the BIOS even without an OS on the stick. That would save you time in testing if it's the stick before doing all the OS install and prep work to a new stick. If you try another stick (or two) and still can't see them in the boot menu, then I would double check the USB2 port you installed, and it's connection to the header.

Just to double check, you are not using the onboard USB ports right? You bought a separate USB2 port and plugged it into one of the USB2 mobo headers right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back