Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to the step where I format my drive as afps, and the entire system crashes to power off state. Is this most indicative of an issue with my drive or with the motherboard? Drive is 970 EVO Plus, and MB is TUF Z390 Pro. I just want to know which piece I should send back first. Thanks!

Update: The format to macOS Extended (Journaled) was almost instantaneous. My guess is that the APFS formatting interacts more with the drive and exposes some hardware failure. I'm going to try formatting another drive as APFS and check. I'll be running some diagnostics on this mac OS Extended drive to see if I can trigger a crash. Just wanted to post this here in case anyone was having a similar issue.

EDIT: after running memtest just to check, I had a bad RAM module.

Last edited:
HELP. I'm SOOOOO CLOSE! lol

This is a 2 part question:

I've installed up to the point of installing MultiBeast. Do I need to open the OctoTuf file? I'm not too clear on what this is or what to do with it.

Next, I haven't rebooted since installing MultiBeast, I entered the command for the 'ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630'. and it gives me 'Error Reading File: ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630'. MacMan's post says to unzip it, where to? I've unzipped copies everywhere.. In applications folder, the installer drive, in efi/efi/clover... Not sure what to do...

Last edited:
please help?

HELP. I'm SOOOOO CLOSE! lol

This is a 2 part question:

I've installed up to the point of installing MultiBeast. Do I need to open the OctoTuf file? I'm not too clear on what this is or what to do with it.

Next, I haven't rebooted since installing MultiBeast, I entered the command for the 'ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630'. and it gives me 'Error Reading File: ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630'. MacMan's post says to unzip it, where to? I've unzipped copies everywhere.. In applications folder, the installer drive, in efi/efi/clover... Not sure what to do...

1. OctoTuf has MacMan's configuration for MultiBeast. You can use that if it matches your system, or use it as a base to modify to match your system. When you start MultiBeast, you can use the "Load" function (top right) to access that file.

2. You can unzip it to the same place the zip file lives. When you perform the plistbuddy command, you'll have to set your current directory to that location.

1. OctoTuf has MacMan's configuration for MultiBeast. You can use that if it matches your system, or use it as a base to modify to match your system. When you start MultiBeast, you can use the "Load" function (top right) to access that file.

2. You can unzip it to the same place the zip file lives. When you perform the plistbuddy command, you'll have to set your current directory to that location.

Thanks for responding! I followed his post exactly because I have the same MoBo & CPU, but my BIOS version is different. I did restart and found my Hack won’t load without the USB in and selecting the “boot OS from <partition name>”. The UHD 630 seems to still work with the HDMI port, which I believe that patch is for. But I’ll try it when I get home. Again, thanks!

Forgive my Noobity... I tried it everywhere.. I'm not keen enough to "set my current directory". I left the language of the command alone and unzipped the file in volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover and also usr/libexec with the only results being "Merge: Error: Reading File: ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630" and also "File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: /Volumes/ESP/EFI/Clover/Config.plist". Note that i also tried it with the command for volumes/efi and volumes/esp.. None of them seem to work. :/

1. Unzip the file to the desktop
2. In terminal, change to your home directory and then to the desktop:
cd
cd desktop

3. verify that the file is present, in terminal:
ls

You should see something like this:

DSDT.aml DSDT.dsl My TUF ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD_630

4. now you can execute the plistbuddy command and it should find the patch file.

Hope this helps.

Can someone do youtube at these steps, plz. I read and can't understand.

"If you use UEFI version 2203 or later the system will hang during the boot of macOS at apfs_module_start:1393. @mattystonnie has created a patch that fixes this.

I've attached the patch file ASUS_ACPI in a .zip file that you can install using plistbuddy in Terminal after unzipping.

You will need to install the patch on your UniBeast drive and then on your destination disk after running MultiBeast. The command would look like this if Clover was just install to the destination:
Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
or like this if you had to mount the destination EFI
Bash:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back