Contribute
Register

MacMan's Build: ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - i9-9900K - Vega 64 - Updated for 10.14.6 and NVRAM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're happy with Mojave (I am), stay with Mojave as MultiBeast for Catalina is what you need and it's not ready, yet. It's obvious from your post above, you are not experienced enough to do a "Vanilla" install. I, too, am a fan of the Beasts and depend upon Uni/MultiBeast to get my macOS builds to run properly. So, wait awhile before upgrading.

Hello Stork

Thanks for your reply, I wanted to update because since I'm dual booting I wanted to get a GPU for gaming, that's why I wanted the 5700.

Best regards.

I installed the ASUS_ACPI file correctly. (At least via timestamp I saw changes to the EFI directly on the USB drive.)

However, the install still ends in the forbidden sign. I tried verbose and safe mode, and, ultimately, the forbidden sign shows up with most of the text in the background garbled as soon as the forbidden sign appears.

I've triple checked to enable/disable anything applicable from the install guide within my BIOS. I would appreciate any other advise, including which mono to go with if I do ultimately return the GIGABYTE Z390 AURUS PRO WIFI.

GIGABYTE Z390 AURUS PRO WIFI
i5-9600K
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580
32GB RAM (16GBx2)
Samsung 500GB 860 EVO SSD

The motherboard in the title of this thread worked for me, but you will probably have more luck following the specific instructions from a thread about your Gigabyte motherboard instead of this which is about an Asus. Try searching on
GIGABYTE Z390 AURUS PRO WIFI

there are at least two "success" threads with detailed instructions for the motherboard you have, like

Any reason why my benchmark results would be lower with identical rig (minus the RAM)?
The geekbench results on the first page are from geekbench 4, in the current version (5) they use a whole different scale. Also, my single core results went from 1000 to 1375 by quitting my web browser and all programs then running it.

Single core: 1375
Multi core: 7908
then I did the ez-tune thingy in bios which *should* make it faster, and it went to 1296 single core, 8872 multi core. So there's some wide variability in results.

Thanks my friend!

Although at the beginning, I did not know how to apply the patches. After a while, I managed to do it. Now I have my new TUF Z390-PRO GAMING i9-9900K build, although I will keep my old EP45-UD3P Core 2 Quad lifehacker's build with High Sierra that served me enough to install my new hackintosh :headbang:

TUF Z390-PRO GAMING i9  9900K.png

Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC installed and working correctly with graphics acceleration :thumbup:

Note: it was necessary to add the NoVPAJpeg kext in "clover/kexts/others" to solve the jpg image preview issue

Vega 64 upgrade benchmark.png

My TUF Z390-PRO GAMING i9-9900K build

IMG-3740.jpg

Update with an FSP HydroG 1000w PSU

4364829D-D806-4A4D-9E1D-79F2F1519771.jpeg

A52DB390-ACCC-4244-8FB9-162B579CC599.jpeg

Saludos a mi buen amigo Manuel Fariñas de la comunidad de Spartan Geek

Last edited:
@MacMan did you try OpenCore on this board? The last two days I am trying but I cant never boot.

I haven't had time due to my day job and this is my MultiBeast development system.

Last edited:
Thank you @MacMan. Completed this build the other day, running OC'ed @ 5.0 on a PRIME Z390-A. Can confirm it completely works with the same procedure!

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 17.01.14.png

Updated build guide for native NVRAM Support.
Deleted files ( is a typo, /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi should be /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi )
Updated clover and rebooted, all is well!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back