Contribute
Register

MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD5 - i7-950 - GTX 470

Status
Not open for further replies.
since then I re-installed the system using the 10.6.8 upgrade, and the 'factory' nvidia drivers. my OpenGL performance did not improve, however :(

also, I can't seem to be able to boot into 64 mode - the boot process hangs at the "PCI configuration begin" message. I wonder how everyone else made it work in 64 bit mode...

all help would be appreciated!

PunkNugget said:
Hi, I'm texting you from my phone. Go to this post entitled:

GTX 480 & 10.6.8 - QE, OpenGL/CL & CUDA Benches

read from the beginning all the way to the end. I hope this info will be of some help and give you the solutions you're looking for... :)

thanks - taking a look. so far, I'm having trouble making the nvidia driver work under 64 bit at all...

I installed the 10.6.8 upgrade, and the official nvidia drivers. what I get is that it works when booting in 32 bit mode. but the boot process hangs whit the "PCI configuration begin" option on 64 bit. there is a supposed fix, installing an updated IOPCIFamily.kext - but the nvidia driver won't work with this kext installed. (I confirmed - reverting to the older IOPCIFamily.kext will make the nvidia driver work fine)

thus: how to make this work in 64 bit mode?

Hi MacMan can U PLEASE post your MultiBeast 4.1.0 Lion Edition Screenshot Configuration please.

THANK YOU

for GA-EX58-Ud5

Rayx,
No, you don't need an Ethernet card unless you want two Ethernet ports, for which you'll need special drives as MacMan said earlier in this thread. BTW, the link to for the Ethernet card shows a USB/SATA add-on card.

Recommend you pose your question on the Zotac vs. a EVGA graphics card in the Buy Advice forum section where more eyes will see your questions and provide answer(s).

Thanks for the advice! :thumbup:

Edit:

It's ok like that?
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39058&p=246444#p246444

Stork said:
Rayx,
No, you don't need an Ethernet card unless you want two Ethernet ports, for which you'll need special drives as MacMan said earlier in this thread. BTW, the link to for the Ethernet card shows a USB/SATA add-on card.

Recommend you pose your question on the Zotac vs. a EVGA graphics card in the Buy Advice forum section where more eyes will see your questions and provide answer(s).

A Golden Build:
- Conforms to the User Builds Template tonymacx86 User Builds Template
- It's more about why you built the system, and why you chose the particular components
- It's clear and concise with an easy to read grammar and
- It contributes to the tonymacx86 knowledge base.​

Build descriptions should not provide a step-by-step installation procedure. The Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion guides have there own forum sections. In the Comments section, a build description should reference the tonymacx86 installation guides. However, you can point out any unusual procedures you had to accomplish to have a successful working build, and you can post your MulitBeast configuration screen snapshot (highly desirable).

Mac Man, I have a GA-X58A-UD5-i7-950-HD6850-and running Lion 10:7:3 and it run fine. I thinking in getting the OCZ-Vertezx3-SatIII 128 SSD. Will this run only on the intel ports or can it run on the Marvill ports. Also should I do a clean install or can I clone from my HD that I have Lion on now. I have 300 VelociRaptor. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back