Contribute
Register

MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7-930 - HD 5770 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7 930 - HD 5770

would a 9800GTX card work with this configuration.

deadlyrampage said:
would a 9800GTX card work with this configuration.
Sure, any supported card would work.

Also lets say I want windows 7 and windows xp, do i keep it on the same hard drive or but another one.

Also with the guide I dont think you mentioned with the 1TB do you need to partition it, because i remember that If it is 1 TB it causes problems.

deadlyrampage said:
Also lets say I want windows 7 and windows xp, do i keep it on the same hard drive or but another one.

Also with the guide I dont think you mentioned with the 1TB do you need to partition it, because i remember that If it is 1 TB it causes problems.
I would recommend putting Windows on a separate drive.

The problem is with drives larger than 1 TB.

with the hard drive will chameleon automatically see the windows drive.

Also with connecting the hard drive do i connect it with the white or blue connectors.

With the guide you didnt be very detailed. Any pictures.?

deadlyrampage said:
with the hard drive will chameleon automatically see the windows drive.

Also with connecting the hard drive do i connect it with the white or blue connectors.

With the guide you didnt be very detailed. Any pictures.?
!) Yes if it's the first boot drive
2) Use the Intel ports, I don't remember the color off the top of my head
3) I've been busy and just threw this together. As soon as I get time I will post pictures and more details..

Hi,

I am using the same mobo, all looks fine except that after waking up from sleep, my keyboard suddenly becomes uselsss, I have to unplug and re-plug to make it work again.

2 things I have tried,
a) wake up with mouse -> wake up with keyboard not working
b) wake up with keyboard -> -> wake up with keyboard not working

What could have been wrong here? Can someone point me my mistake?

Thanks in advance.

-- Lonetree

i have had some random dropouts of the keyboard as well i just ran the cord to a front panel USB for now.

edit: most of my keyboard dropouts have been in the bios i have never had any dropouts while running my system.

thanks again for the info here, its a screaming fast machine. I put a crucial C300 SSD in it and its the fastest mac that i have ever used.

here is the latest geekbench score.
http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/312933

its a really amazing machine. i am using a H50 cooler and a fairly cold location for the machine. i am about 75º when running prime95 for a few hours and i have been running Rembr at the same time while working in lightroom, email, itunes and transmission to see if i can get it to crash. so far so good for the past few hours.

I also bought a Firewire 800 card from newegg that works perfectly out of the box (no driver needed)
(the card has a power connector that i have not plugged in yet) but it works with 2 drives and a card reader attached.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815150151
3 FW800 ports

+ the new usb drivers from Lacie this turned into one seriously great sub $1700 computer

jonnynogood said:
i have had some random dropouts of the keyboard as welli just ran the cord to a front panel USB for now.

thanks again for the info here, its a screaming fast machine. I put a crucial C300 SSD in it and its the fastest mac that i have ever used.

its a really amazing machine. i am using a H50 cooler and a fairly cold location for the machine. i am about 75º when running prime95 for a few hours and i have been running Rembr at the same time while working in lightroom, email, itunes and transmission to see if i can get it to crash. so far so good for the past few hours.

I also bought a Firewire 800 card from newegg that works perfectly out of the box (no driver needed)
(the card has a power connector that i have not plugged in yet) but it works with 2 drives and a card reader attached.

3 FW800 ports

+ the new usb drivers from Lacie this turned into one seriously great sub $1700 computer
Right now my i7-930 over clocked to 3.6 GHz idles at 39-40 C in a 68 F/20 C room. Under load prime95, 8 workers is running at 66 C.

jonnynogood said:
i have had some random dropouts of the keyboard as welli just ran the cord to a front panel USB for now.

3 FW800 ports

Hi Jonnynogood,

have you managed to solve the usb keyboard dropout problem?

thanks

-- lonetree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back