Contribute
Register

MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7-930 - HD 5770 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7 930 - HD 5770

Macman, I built this system to your spec except I am using the Apple ATI 5770 raphics card.

Problem: My RAM in the profiler says 6 GB 1596 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (not showing up as DDR3) I am using the same ram as you and believe I have the same specs. Any tips on how to correct this?

Thanks Matt

splat_matt said:
Macman, I built this system to your spec except I am using the Apple ATI 5770 raphics card.

Problem: My RAM in the profiler says 6 GB 1596 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (not showing up as DDR3) I am using the same ram as you and believe I have the same specs. Any tips on how to correct this?

Thanks Matt
It's a cosmetic issue, if you go into the BIOS you will see that it's reporting the same speed. Chameleon is reporting the actual running speed.

MacMan said:
splat_matt said:

Thanks Matt
It's a cosmetic issue, if you go into the BIOS you will see that it's reporting the same speed. Chameleon is reporting the actual running speed.

Thank-you for your fast reply! I'm glad I donated money to you guys. I feel I may need to send some more your way with all the helpful tips and guides provided.

One more thing would you mind sharing and voltages and settings that are not set auto in your bios for your cpu and ram? I would like to compare to my set-up. Ram timings, bclk setting, ram voltages, etc.

Thanks again!

splat_matt said:
MacMan said:
[quote="splat_matt":auzk2jy4]Macman, I built this system to your spec except I am using the Apple ATI 5770 raphics card.

Thanks Matt

Thank-you for your fast reply! I'm glad I donated money to you guys. I feel I may need to send some more your way with all the helpful tips and guides provided.

One more thing would you mind sharing and voltages and settings that are not set auto in your bios for your cpu and ram? I would like to compare to my set-up. Ram timings, bclk setting, ram voltages, etc.

Thanks again![/quote:auzk2jy4]
Do you want stock or over clock settings?

Duplicate post sorry - please ignore

MacMan said:
Do you want stock or over clock settings?

Both would be helpful and educational.

Thank-you!

Hi there, I have build the same configuration but I am wondering.. if your HD5770 is really noisy ?

I have always been on laptop for these last years, so maybe, I am not used to the noise.

But my video card make the most of the noise (actually, the only noise)... I have put my finger on every fan and it is the only one who is making noise.. is it normal ? or mine is broken ?

I bought the same HD5770 with the bat mobile cooler LOL :headbang:

I would've go nVidia like my other build but I wanted to clone exactly the Mac Pro so I took the ATI but I'm starting to regret switching brands... LOL

Danv said:
Hi there, I have build the same configuration but I am wondering.. if your HD5770 is really noisy ?

I have always been on laptop for these last years, so maybe, I am not used to the noise.

But my video card make the most of the noise (actually, the only noise)... I have put my finger on every fan and it is the only one who is making noise.. is it normal ? or mine is broken ?

I bought the same HD5770 with the bat mobile cooler LOL :headbang:

I would've go nVidia like my other build but I wanted to clone exactly the Mac Pro so I took the ATI but I'm starting to regret switching brands... LOL
My Batmobile is very quiet. I never hear it.

RMA ! Here I come! ahaha

alright, thanks for your help MacMan!!

I'll keep you posted!

thanks so much for the info.

i used everything on the list but changed the processor (used an i7 950 processor), cooler (went with the H50 liquid cooler), 12 gigs of ram and the MSI nVidia GeForce GTX260 Twin Frozr OC 896 MB DDR3 2DVI PCI-Express Video Card N260GTX TWINFROZR OC
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031E6CEK

worked perfectly using iboot and multibeast in 64bit mode

i am not sure how to update the wiki but this card works. dashboard has ripples and frontrow works.

thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back