Contribute
Register

MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7-930 - HD 5770 Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7 930 - HD 5770

Hi MacMan..

i have the gigabyte X58A-UD3R, i-7 960 and ATI 5770..

All other softwares seem to work fine but FCP 7.0 keeps crashing. I am really desperate for help..i have been around searching forums for understanding and clarity, but have had no luck.

Is there a way to attack the problem??

thanks much in advance...

I've got most of the same components and have gotten to the point of a usable install

(OS X 10.6.6 withe multibeast 3.0) then I tried to tweak the audio with Realtek ALC8xx

and got the screen of death (black). Now I see theres a 3.1 and a 3.2 multibeast.

Should I not update to 10.6.6 and wait for a multibeast that will keep me from reinstalling

the OS.

Can someone tell me how to update my profile to show I'm using a HD 5770 gpu?

jwroot said:
I've got most of the same components and have gotten to the point of a usable install

(OS X 10.6.6 withe multibeast 3.0) then I tried to tweak the audio with Realtek ALC8xx

and got the screen of death (black). Now I see theres a 3.1 and a 3.2 multibeast.

Should I not update to 10.6.6 and wait for a multibeast that will keep me from reinstalling

the OS.

Can someone tell me how to update my profile to show I'm using a HD 5770 gpu?
Care to describe your complete rig (in signature) and install ?
On your profile you wrote 4550, but here you wrote 5770 :?

im a novice at the mac setup..
just built a mis x58m rig
with i7 950 12gigs o ram ,2 .5t hdisk ati 5750
ive tried reinstalling osx 10 or more times cant get hd resolutions or video
at reboot scramble screen at best i get 1024x768
work great in that resolution but no qe???
help please

i just bought the same system like you, except the core i7 950, 12 gb of ram and different case and power supply. I hope it turns out well, do you have full instructions to set up this system? graphic card 64 bit?

Re: MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7-930 - HD 5770

Thanks for this build - it's great.

I was just wondering: Can I run three monitors off the 5770 in this set-up? I've read that it's possible in certain configurations, but just wanted to confirm it before I take the plunge.

Re: MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7-930 - HD 5770 Updated -HDMI

I have built this same system. Thanks for the guide which made it very straignt forward. Only difference is different brand of RAM and cooler.

I cannot get HDMI out working ( I understand it will only be video not sound)

any suggestions?

thanks

i've built the same system as well... having a few problems..

when i tried to run multibeast and tried to install dsdt-s it just fails.. i tried many many times. so i ended up going with easybeast.. now everything seems to be working okay network,graphics card not sound but i had a external sound card plug in and it worked.. but problem is it wont boot on its own. i need to have iboot in the drive for it to run. i tried going into safe mode but it just wouldnt load either.

2nd problem is i got 6 gigs of ram but i was installing with 4 plugged in. i put int the last one after it was done but the os is still not reading it. just shows 4 gigs.

also i cant seem to get the screen settings to 1080.. its off...for some reason...

any help would be great. thanks

paul

I have this mainboard and can not get snow lep to install please help!!

video card nvidia 9800gtx

HD ocz vertex 2 40GB

I did everything in the threads

I can get to the MAC OS X Installer page but it reads "MAC OS X can't be installed on this computer."

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
-Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back