CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have this mainboard and can not get snow lep to install please help!!

video card nvidia 9800gtx

HD ocz vertex 2 40GB

I did everything in the threads

I can get to the MAC OS X Installer page but it reads "MAC OS X can't be installed on this computer."

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
-Gabe

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H [rev 1.0]
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 560Ti OC 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI Out PCI-E
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Brilliant guide :) probs.

Ive got an extremely similar system and have followed this guide all the way up to installing multibeast + the extras recommending and restarting.

However everytime I do this my systems hangs on the loading screen and the monitor turns off as if its had its data cable unplugged.

Just tried it in verbose mode and it seems the main issue I could see (before the damned thing shuts down again) is that it can't find NVIdia adapters "WARNING: No NVIdia Adpaters found [......]" Said this at least 4-5 times just before it shut down.

What has gone on here? I'm not even using a NVidia GPU its an ATI Radeon HD 5570.

I presume a fresh OSX install is how to progress but I'd really like some advice on whats gona wrong else its just going to happen again! thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370- AORUS Gaming WiFi
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Just wanted to post my experience here; I've always been encouraged by MacMan and Tony's builds, so I always look at their recommended list before diving in.

My first Hack build was the EP45-UD3P with the quad-core Q9650 and nVidia 9500GT. It was flawless; with the basic MultiBeast setup I didn't even need a DSDT till I garnered a better understanding of the system. Unfortunately, the board and CPU were used; I suspect a latent defect because I got random reboots and eventually the system started hanging until it wouldn't even boot any more. I'll skip the whole troubleshooting narrative, but it appears that both the CPU and the mobo have problems.

Instead of trying to find another set of outdated hardware, I decided the time was ripe to go to an X58 series board. I could re-use everything except the RAM (that got migrated to another memory-starved machine) and had the GA-X58A-UD3R already in anticipation of a follow-up build, so the cycle time was very quick; in just a couple of days I had the machine ready to go. Amazingly, it booted from my old HDD, incompatible DSDT and all. I used that to get the OS X installer running so that I could load appropriate kexts, etc. for the new board.

This led to the only problems I had during the process; the machine booted perfectly without DSDT and all I had to do was roll back the HDA stuff to get it working. But I wanted full functionality, so I downloaded the appropriate DSDT from here (rev 2, BIOS FB) and updated the MultiBeast install. Bam - kernel panic. I double-checked, downloaded and re-installed - nada. With some experimentation I found that the FD BIOS DSDT worked, but it made me nervous to use the wrong version. So I got the DSDT editor, took a raw DSDT from my system and processed it. Success! Power management, sleep/wake, and everything. USB, Firewire, even my wireless card works without a hitch.

I've just ordered a Z68 board so I'll have a second system for the office. The X58A was supposed to be my second system until the original one died...

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
Core i7 950
Graphics
Radeon HD 5770 (Gigabyte)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Anyone had an success with a 10.8 Mountain Lion install on this machine? I'd like to upgrade--thought I'd check first before diving in.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
XFX RX580 8 gb
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have this MB with i7-950 and HD 5870. Only problems I've had are keeping chameleon straight between the drives and partitions. I've used this board SL.

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R v1.0 F6
CPU
Intel i7-960
Graphics
MSI 660Ti Twin Frozr OC 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes, 10.8 was no problem. 10.8.2... another story altogether. Video card is your biggest potential issue, the installer for 10.8 only supports certain cards. Well documented here in the forums.

Motherboard
MacBook Pro Retina
CPU
Ivy Bridge 2.3Ghz
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Where is the guide? o_O