I just got my x58a-ud3r
But with a core i7 920
And a hd5850 ref. With an ocz vertex 2 ssd
And it still gives my the error I had with the asus p6t
My sata hdds is being read as external hdds not internal

Re: MacMan Build - GA-X58A-UD3R - i7 930 - HD 5770

I've bought this :

Gigabyte GV R577SL-1GD (1 GB)

Yet cannot make it work. My monitor just goes to sleep.

Any help ?

joyzer said:
I've bought this :

Gigabyte GV R577SL-1GD (1 GB)

Yet cannot make it work. My monitor just goes to sleep.

Any help ?

You tried other dvi port or with displayport ? I remember my hdmi por didn't work right away but did afterward.

I have this same card in the ud3r with an i7-950 and I'm sure the DVI and DVI -> VGA works fine with the install guide. Have you tried that instead of the HDMI or Displayport, or are all connections not displaying anything?

Just as an FYI - I tried the HDMI last night and the effect is similar to what you described where you see the bios boot and chamelwon, but it appears to go to sleep as OSX loads. It's not really asleep, just the signal isn't getting passed out properly. I believe to get that to work we'll need to try the Kabyl bootloader and test the framebuffers used (there are a couple of threads on it in the forum here and on insanelymac as well).

I'll be trying to get mine up and running over HDMI over the next few days. If I can get it running I'll post the steps. Good luck.

Update: So far the HDMI has been uncooperative to say the least in getting it working. You can see the thread I started over in the graphics section where a few of us are trying to get it up and running and so far I haven't seen anyone with a success story. Still hopeful, but I'm less optimistic than I was a few weeks ago that there's a quick solution for the non reference designs.

lonetree said:
Hi Jonnynogood,

have you managed to solve the usb keyboard dropout problem?

thanks

-- lonetree

yes i plug my keyboard into the front USB and if it ever drops out i unplug it then plug it back in. my mouse is plugged into my keyboard.

problem solved.

Just a few quick questions about this motherboard for those that have it.. Do all 10 of the sata ports work? What about the e-sata ports? What about optical over spdif? Also, I assume a MSI 1G TwinFrozr G250GTS should be fine? I'm thinking about a Xeon w3520 for this as well. I'd appreciate any advice you guys have.

Thanks..

jonnynogood said:
lonetree said:
Hi Jonnynogood,

have you managed to solve the usb keyboard dropout problem?

thanks

-- lonetree

yes i plug my keyboard into the front USB and if it ever drops out i unplug it then plug it back in. my mouse is plugged into my keyboard.

problem solved.

so its not totally solved? its so strange, my previous 2 builds (for my friends) works without any major problem, even the front audio works and mine doesn't. Should have got those model instead.

sigh!

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    833 bytes · Views: 200

Just a note that I've been using a Samsung 2tb to boot off for a few weeks now with a 500GB partition for OSX, a 500GB backup partition, and a 1TB data partition. So far haven't had any trouble with it using either the latest Chameleon installer in multibeast or Kabyl's bootloader. I partitioned it using OSX originally installed onto a smaller laptop drive and then just cloned (using SuperDuper) to the new partition and installed Chameleon to the new drive as well. Didn't take more than 30 minutes all told. Hope that helps. Good luck with your build.

MacMan: Can you still wake your UD3R builds from sleep using the overclock settings listed on your wiki page: wiki/index.php?title=CustoMac_Pro

My HackPro won't wake from sleep once I set the BCLK beyond 160. Using same motherboard w/ an i7 950.

Dear MacMan, In the installation guide of tonnymac there is a guide for some settings in bios. Do you have any aditional recomendations for bios setting without OC for this board?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back