Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX
CPU
i7-6950X
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Reliably running my Hackintosh with Yosemite and considering an AVB interface for recording. Does anybody know if they play well together? I talked to MOTU about their 112D and they snubbed my computer (of course) and blindly said my Intel motherboard won't work with the Mac drivers. They might be right, but they were too quick to dismiss this.....

bump...anybody? :crazy:

ok,
since I have Motu ultralite AVB I'm trying to run it on MacPro 5,1 which is officialy not supported.
After small research I have found i210 network card and it supports AVB.
But even the card is recognised and works in this mac, AVB streams is not available.
I think that there will be the same problem with hackintosh.
I've found the avbdeviced command which could enable or disable AVB on ethernet cards but it looks that in el capitan it does not work.

Hi,
It's strange that it doesn't work with a mac...
maybe the MacPro 5.1 is too old?
Have you the possibility to try with Yosemite?
I'm also interested with a MOTU AVB interface. I don't know which one yet.
I have a Gigabyte z170 hd3p with the i5 6600K.

I don't understand well what is a avb lan. I know it refers to a IEEE 802.1 specifications. But doesn't the realtek gbe lan chip (on my motherboard) is compatible with that?
If someone have some informations about that, please reply.
Thanks!

I don't understand well what is a avb lan. I know it refers to a IEEE 802.1 specifications. But doesn't the realtek gbe lan chip (on my motherboard) is compatible with that?
your realtek is not compatible becouse it has no support for AVB - 802.1BA - Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Systems

there are two cards ready for AVB
i210 which is working just like ethernet card
and Broadcom 57765 chip - it is embeded in all macs with thunderbolt and AVB is working as expected.

it is just to unlock i210 for AVB

your realtek is not compatible becouse it has no support for AVB - 802.1BA - Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Systems

there are two cards ready for AVB
i210 which is working just like ethernet card
and Broadcom 57765 chip - it is embeded in all macs with thunderbolt and AVB is working as expected.

it is just to unlock i210 for AVB

so i case i get i210 it works with avb interfaces?
I use 10.11.6 on skylake system

so i case i get i210 it works with avb interfaces?
I use 10.11.6 on skylake system
unfortunately not now
i210 is AVB capable but not supported by osX http://www.intel.com/content/dam/ww...sheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf
but if you look into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext/Contents/Info.plist

there is

<dict>
<key>com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient</key>
<string>1.0.0d7</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAVBController</key>
<string>1.0.3b2</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>
<string>1.5</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>
<string>1.7</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key>
<string>13.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>
<string>13.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>
<string>13.0.0</string>
<key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key>
<string>13.0.0</string>
</dict>

but I'm not such a skilled hacker to find out more ....
as it reffers to IOEthernetAVBController I can hope that i210 is supported but just not allowed.

MOTU says that for AVB the thunderbolt mac is needed, even thunderbolt to ethernet dongle works, unfortunately all networking chipsets in these macs is Broadcom 57765-B0:

great info guys...thanks for the update....going to update my computer with another motherboard and processor. Could anyone recommend one. Intel is not making motherboards anymore.

great info guys...thanks for the update....going to update my computer with another motherboard and processor. Could anyone recommend one. Intel is not making motherboards anymore.

'interested' in this too. I have an Ultralite AVB and am thinking of buying an Avid S3 (also AVB) and wiring my studio with AVB hub.

'interested' in this too. I have an Ultralite AVB and am thinking of buying an Avid S3 (also AVB) and wiring my studio with AVB hub.
how is going with Ultralite AVB by usb? it will be nice to use AVB on hakitosh,
actually today motu release new AVB interfaces look very nices,
http://motu.com/newsitems/624-8a

I m checking which motu interface get, i need one soon, my interface is too old, but i will wait few weeks see more information about the mk4 and the new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back