Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey folks!
I would like to start with saying that I have to thank all of you here in this forum. I have learned a lot here. You are awesome!
The following build I would like to use for 1. Photoshop and 2. little gaming (Need for Speed e. g.)
It would be great if you could tell me if this build fits together. Is it in some way oversized or low speced?
Is the power of the PSU enough?
At the beginning I wanted to choose the Xeon E3-1231 v3. But then I have read that it is useful to have an iGPU for installation in order to use my chosen GPU.
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K Box, LGA1150
  • Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H, Sockel 1150, mATX
  • GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 OC Mini, 2GB GDDR5
  • Storage: 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 250 GB in RAID 0
  • PSU: Corsair CX Series Modular CX500M, 500W
  • RAM: 16GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Tactical Series DDR3-1600, CL8
  • Case: Cooltek U3
Thanks in advance!
eekanoo

I would choose a higher-quality PSU - the CX500 I believe is Corsair's bottom of the barrel, I'd be willing to bet it doesn't use 100% Japanese parts. I'd recommend reading some reviews on it first if your dead-set on this PSU. I always prefer to overspend on a quality PSU, since having a really good one can save a lot of headaches. A good one is Seasonic SS-760XP2. You may not need 760 watts now, depending on if you OC, but it leaves room for expansion, and even if you only use half the capacity, the less "work" the PSU has to do, so much the better.

Agreed on Corsairs PSU. I brought one as I had a bigger modular system from them and was astonished how rubbish it was. Cheap and nasty doesn't come close. Learnt my lesson on that one, buy decent PSU's from now on. You may save pennies but you lose pounds in frustration and sheer poor quality.

Get a decent PSU, you won't regret it.

I can thoroughly recommend the EVGA 1200W PSU :lol: Slight <ahem> overkill but wow, its a great PSU with great cabling, I got it dirt cheap (approx 40% of retail).

Rob.

thanks a lot for your advice regarding to PSU.
I will keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back