Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My apologies, I can't find a decent mac forum that can find me a solution! I was wondering if anyone here could help me so kindly.

My Macbook Pro4 Screen won't boot up along with my laptop. When I press down (while booting) on the lcd however, it will turn on! And stay on! How is this possible?

So I realized that something may be loose, it is not any of the connectors. I took apart my macbook and found they were working fine, however when I just pressed firmly on the lcd.. that is when my lcd will magically turn on! This is only possible during boot up! Sometimes if I may not press in the right spot? or long enough? The screen will either turn off or freeze during boot up showing some colourized pixels.

I borrowed some tape from another place to see if I can firmly tape the lcd better. It seem to turn on along with the computer a few times, but it doesn't seem to last.

I was wondering if any of you may have a solution. I am considering buying some tape so I can try confine everything together more securely. Until I find a permanent solution, I will continue to keep pressing! :headbang:

First off, is the backlight just going our or is the screen completely going off? Also where are you pressing on the screen? I work at a school and we used to have the same problem with a bunch of the old iBook G4s we had. They would work if you pushed right above backlight board or if you opened and closed it Juuuust right. Usually it was either the display cable that goes through the hinge, or there is a small backlight board that sometimes went out. Both parts were relatively inexpensive. Your MBP 4,1 is the non-unibody correct? If so you should be able to take the screen apart to replace those parts.

We didn't have many of those MBP's so I don't have first hand experience with your exact model, but I have fixed a lot of iBooks and a few original MacBooks with similar symptoms. You might be able to just buy most of the display parts off ebay for cheap and replace one at a time until you fix the problem.

Sorry if, that's not very helpful, you might try the Macrumors forums, they probably have someone with your same machine that could help you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back