Contribute
Register

MacBook Pro 17 inch early 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Early 2011 MBP
Hey, I installed multicast which put an refi boot loader on my Mac in a hidden partition. I did it to install my USB 3.0 express card driver which doesn't work because I cannot do the CSRUTIL because I don't have recovery boot. This is not my problem. My problem is that the clover boot loader is so damn annoying everytime I boot up my MacBook Pro, not only that but whenever I shut my MacBook lid, It does not sleep!!!! it just won't turn on and I have to play with the power button a few times to force turn off and than boot up again!!!! HELP PLEASE

I'm not sure what you're planning to do. In case you want to remove Clover, mount your ESP and delete the "Cover" folder from that hidden partition.

Personally, I'd do a clean install the get the recovery partition back, so you can install your USB driver without violating SIP.

I'm not sure what you're planning to do. In case you want to remove Clover, mount your ESP and delete the "Cover" folder from that hidden partition.

Personally, I'd do a clean install the get the recovery partition back, so you can install your USB driver without violating SIP.

how do I mount an ESP and what is an ESP?

"ESP" is the short name for the hidden partition ("EFI System Partition"). There are various ways to mount it, I usually look for the identifier using diskutil list and mount it with diskutil mount diskXs0 (replace X with your ID).

This is what I see, in diskutil list. I know the EFI EFI is standard on all Macs but the thing that I want to get rid of is the clover boot mode I see on start up every time. I've put multicast and the efi boot backups in the trash and emptied it and the boot backups keep re appearing on start up. If I could get a recovery hd it would be great, idk how to do that because I just bought this Mac off eBay and it has a ton of new software that I don't want to delete. Is there any way I could get rid of this clover boot up or make a recovery HD so I can use my USB 3.0 Bus? whenever I boot up in COMMAND+R I get to the online spinning globe that stops and gives me an error. What can I do
Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 12.04.24 PM.png

"ESP" is the short name for the hidden partition ("EFI System Partition"). There are various ways to mount it, I usually look for the identifier using diskutil list and mount it with diskutil mount diskXs0 (replace X with your ID).
I deleted clover! thank you so much! if you know how to install a recovery HD that'd be great! thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back