Graphics
lakdj
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
In the process of following the guide for installing 10.7; I downloaded 10.7 from the App Store. When installing on my MacBook, I received a flickering screen during restart and only half of the image showed on the screen.
I let the install progress because the progress bar was still moving. However, this morning my MacBook would boot up but not display an image. I can hear the usual boot up sounds and the keyboard sounds when I press enter; there's just no image. I get a grey screen that slowly fills with what can be described as water damage that slowly progresses across the screen.

I don't know where to go from here? Reset pram? Or new install? I have a 10.6 disk somewhere but this MacBook already had 10.7 installed. Will installing 10.6 mess things up more? Or do I need a 10.7 USB in order to perform a disk repair? I'm sorta ok with whipping the drive.

In the process of following the guide for installing 10.7; I downloaded 10.7 from the App Store. When installing on my MacBook, I received a flickering screen during restart and only half of the image showed on the screen.
I let the install progress because the progress bar was still moving. However, this morning my MacBook would boot up but not display an image. I can hear the usual boot up sounds and the keyboard sounds when I press enter; there's just no image. I get a grey screen that slowly fills with what can be described as water damage that slowly progresses across the screen.

I don't know where to go from here? Reset pram? Or new install? I have a 10.6 disk somewhere but this MacBook already had 10.7 installed. Will installing 10.6 mess things up more? Or do I need a 10.7 USB in order to perform a disk repair? I'm sorta ok with whipping the drive.

When did you purchase 10.7? It's not available on the MAS anymore, only 10.8 is.

About 7 months ago. I went to my purchases and redownloaded.

Here is what my screen is doing... photo (2).jpg

Inverter board or new screen needed?

I was trying to fix myself without taking it to the store.

Nothing more on this? I can replace either part easily but don't want to spend money/time on replacing wrong part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back