4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just had something happen out of the blue today. My 2013 MB Air laptop which I’d fitted with a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO last year suddenly stopped working and wouldn’t boot. Mounting it and trying to repair it via Target Mode with Disk Utility also hasn’t helped - the drive simply won’t mount. It’s quite unusual to occur as I rarely have such disk issues with my systems.

Just had something happen out of the blue today. My 2013 MB Air laptop which I’d fitted with a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO last year suddenly stopped working and wouldn’t boot. Mounting it and trying to repair it via Target Mode with Disk Utility also hasn’t helped - the drive simply won’t mount. It’s quite unusual to occur as I rarely have such disk issues with my systems.

Is the Samsung SSD in an adapter of some kind? As I understand standard PC SSDs don't work in a MacBook Air.

I've always questioned Samsung quality... That being said, their SSDs have been some of the best performing SSDs around.

So it looks like I was quite lucky. Despite the drive not mounting, I persisted and eventually forced it to mount in read-only mode, and from there able to copy it over to an external drive before repairing that and recovering fully using Disk Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back