Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently acquired a mac book air from a pawn shop and it was working & I tried to reinstall the operating system with the only (unibeast multibeast?) install usb that I had available (no net connection when I was working with it) & came across information online that stated I'm supposed to select UEFI at the boot screen & after I did the apple logo did show up but nothing happened. After about 20 minutes of waiting, I forced rebooted now the laptop screen lights up with a dark screen & it constantly restarts with the mac startup chime. I took it to the apple store & was told that I need to replace the logic board & the asking price is almost what I paid to get the laptop. I know there could be a simple fix but as of right now its dead in the water. Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Encountered the very same boot-chime issue on my Macbook Air as well. Accidentally booted one of my custom Clover based macOS Sierra USB keys on the Air and then I first got the Clover boot screen, followed by the computer shutting down, then the chiming boot loop - just as you described. Quicky realized I had most likely borked the Logicboards EFI chip. Asked & searched around for solutions/possible workarounds and found that short of reprogramming the Macbook Air's onboard EFI chip, I'd most likely need a new logicboard.
Since it is 2014 i7 1.7GHZ model with 8gb's of DDLP ram, a replacement board would not really be worth it all things considered.
So I found a relatively less expensive solution: I purchased a part called: Chipmunk Matt Card from this place in the Nederlands
that specializes in Mac Bios reprogramming products: www.cmizapper.com/products/mattcard.html. It cost around $70.00 buck US and just pops on the Macbook Air's empty Bios diagnostic connector on the top left hand side of the board. This solution essentially bypasses the onboard corrupted Bios and patches a known working Macbook Air Bios in it's place as long as it's attached to the logicboard.
This possible solution might help you in your own corrupted Bios problem for a fairly reasonable cost - and with minimal efforts..

Hope this info helps you..

Encountered the very same boot-chime issue on my Macbook Air as well. Accidentally booted one of my custom Clover based macOS Sierra USB keys on the Air and then I first got the Clover boot screen, followed by the computer shutting down, then the chiming boot loop - just as you described. Quicky realized I had most likely borked the Logicboards EFI chip. Asked & searched around for solutions/possible workarounds and found that short of reprogramming the Macbook Air's onboard EFI chip, I'd most likely need a new logicboard.
Since it is 2014 i7 1.7GHZ model with 8gb's of DDLP ram, a replacement board would not really be worth it all things considered.
So I found a relatively less expensive solution: I purchased a part called: Chipmunk Matt Card from this place in the Nederlands
that specializes in Mac Bios reprogramming products: www.cmizapper.com/products/mattcard.html. It cost around $70.00 buck US and just pops on the Macbook Air's empty Bios diagnostic connector on the top left hand side of the board. This solution essentially bypasses the onboard corrupted Bios and patches a known working Macbook Air Bios in it's place as long as it's attached to the logicboard.
This possible solution might help you in your own corrupted Bios problem for a fairly reasonable cost - and with minimal efforts..

Hope this info helps you..
Hi! stevielee, i emailed the guys from cmizapper asking them if their product can help mi with the EFI corruption and they told me that his product cant help with that problem, i wonder if you are positively sure that is this device solve you the problems with the EFI.

i hope you can help me with your answer.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back