Contribute
Register

macbook air alternative - Ultrabook buying advice ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
nothingg
CPU
nothing
Graphics
nothin
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys as the title says im looking to buy an ultrabook, im looking to spend approx £500 maybe more
Im trying to get one that has near enough to 100% compatibility as possible.
Any suggestions of what people already own and know that works would be greatly appreciated,
or ill have save some more and buy an air!
thanks

*edit*
After doing some research I have brought an
Hp probook 4530s i5 not an ultrabook I know but hopefully do the job!

Please, any version of 13-14 inches, 700-900$

I've been looking for a lightweight notebook for quite some time. So far I have not been able to find one that's mostly functional. I'm following the thread about the Samsung Series 5 Ultrabooks but so far the screen causes trouble, so an external monitor has to be used.

So far - to my knowledge - the HP Probooks are your best choice.

The 4530s is a 15" notebook - so actually not to close to an Ultrabook. But there is the 4330s wich offers a 13" display and in some parts of the world you can find the 4230s. The later beeing a 12" notebook with only 1,6 kg. Sadly it's not available in Europe. You can find it Asia and Australia if I remember correctly.

So for now I'm still waiting for a useable Ultrabook. And before someone says "Why not buy an Mac Book Air", here's my answer: "I need it without a glossy screen and with 3 USB ports, VGA and HDMI output".

Although a ultrabook was ideally what I was looking for I am very happy with the look of the Hp probook. It reminds a lot of a macbook pro
I pretty much have it 100% working now all I need to do is
get the 9 cell battery for £85 then I will have overs 6 hours battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back