Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Like the topic says I have a Mac Pro (Mid 2010) with a GTX 970. The problem I'm facing is that I occationally when waking the computer from sleep (feels like every 10-20 time or so) the display won't turn on and stays black. I can still SSH into the computer from another and everything seems to be running. I can then do ”sudo reboot” and everything seems to close down – I get kicked out of the SSH session and the Mac Pro makes the same little sounds it does just when restarting it in a normal situation. But just before the stage where it usually powers off it stops and just stays on – I have to manually turn it off by holding down the power button, so it seems something gets stuck when this ”no video” problem happens.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
GTX 970
MacOS 10.12.4
NVIDIA Web Driver 367.15.10.45f01

Is anyone seeing this on your Hacks? I remember having somewhat the same problem when I used a Hackintosh and a GTX 670, so it seems to me it's not related to my specific setup (also haven't been able to reproduce the problem when in Windows 10).
Maybe most of you aren't sleeping and waking your computers frequently and therefore don't trigger the problem.

AMD cards have issues with waking from sleep but I have not experienced the issue you describe with my 970 in my hackintosh.

Thanks for your input!
Okay, good to know. And you sleep and wake your computer (manually and ”by itself”) often and have it sleep overnight?

Thanks for your input!
Okay, good to know. And you sleep and wake your computer (manually and ”by itself”) often and have it sleep overnight?

Yes, manual sleep and automatic sleep both work fine.

Just want to say that my wake from sleep issues seems gone now after installing the Web Driver 378.xx.xx.xx.xx (the one that supports Pascal GPUs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back