RTX 3060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Was planning on fixing all cable of the front I/O board to windows cables to go to the atx motherboard

But since I removed the old USB&firewire ports with a dremel since I could not get them off with a soldering iron for the live of me.

And hot glued 4 usb 3.0 cables in there places

And looking around, my question is it possible to just biggie back straight for the power button/led and make that work correctly?

Has anyone done that with out using the front I/O board/original cables or you really need to us it to make it work?

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

It’s the only thing that halted my build

Audio is also one but still deliberating how to do that the best way

Thinking of by passing the original front I/O board/cable and also removing the old audio port with a dremel and just buying of repurpose and old atx audio port with cable attached for the audio Jack port
Build spec’s/build log

The LED and the power switch work exactly like a regular PC switch and led. You can wire them straight to the motherboard headers. I believe they share a ground though. It's been a while since I set mine up.

The LED and the power switch work exactly like a regular PC switch and led. You can wire them straight to the motherboard headers. I believe they share a ground though. It's been a while since I set mine up.

If you could think off how you did it that would be awesome.

I know it’s plus and minus for the button and ground should be for the led but the donor windows cables that I have are two sets.

One set is for the power button plus and minus and the second one is for the led that has also a plus and minus cable

Still thinking about how to get it working so both work

This is the model that I have. Hopefully this image helps a bit.

Attachments

• Early 2009 Mac Pro Front Panel Layout.JPG
    Early 2009 Mac Pro Front Panel Layout.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back