Contribute
Register

Mac Pro Mod, or something close to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE! i'm doing this with the same case and similar motherboard, how did you took the side panel lock "thing" apart? i'm stuck at this part, just got the gase today! help me out.
ps: sorry for my inglish but i'm from Brazil :)
Hi Andre,
no problem on the English, mine is far from perfect.

The one tip i can give without making additional pictures is the 4 braces that slide with the mechanism are held in place witha small black plate. This plate you can remove fairly easy with a small pincet or screwdriver by just pushing it out.
once you remove that plate, you can remove the actual brace and from that point on the whole divider plate can be removed.
I learned the hard way, and only noticed these little black plates when the divider was damaged. I was lucky that i could repair that damage, but its far easier once you figure that out.

Let me know if this is enough, if not i will try to take a picture (seeing as everything is in place now i want to avoid that).

Good luck

Hi Andre,
no problem on the English, mine is far from perfect.

The one tip i can give without making additional pictures is the 4 braces that slide with the mechanism are held in place witha small black plate. This plate you can remove fairly easy with a small pincet or screwdriver by just pushing it out.
once you remove that plate, you can remove the actual brace and from that point on the whole divider plate can be removed.
I learned the hard way, and only noticed these little black plates when the divider was damaged. I was lucky that i could repair that damage, but its far easier once you figure that out.

Let me know if this is enough, if not i will try to take a picture (seeing as everything is in place now i want to avoid that).

Good luck

hi, i have removed the black plate, but i cant remove the mechanism out of there, i will try so send a picture...

i did take the black plate out but i cant take the mechanism out of there, i will try so send pictures

Attachments

• minha foto 1.jpg
    minha foto 1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 210
i help a bit, now my final question to you if you don't mind how did you took this part off the case
Sorry, can't help you with that part. I only know how to take apart the G5 cases and this seems to me a MacPro 1,1

So quick update:
seeing the Nvidea support for my card is not going to happen any day soon, I decided to go find sorting else.
Today I got a Gigabyte Radeon RX580 Gaming card for about 190 euros (brand new, box damaged, now price 239euro)
So lets see if I can get that one to run.

Keep ya all posted on how things go

Did the upgrade, did not work from the first time, got stuck during first installation boot and turned ou to be the BIOS settings again. Went through all bios settings and basically set them as described all over this forum. not 100% sure what eventually solved it, but.... Mojave is running and updated to the latest version. And suddenly my photos are syncing up again 9these stopped updating in High Sierra for some strange reason). So looks like my Hackingtosh is back on track. One last thing to solve is finding the right cables to hook up my two screens. bot work but only at HD resolution due to the use of wrong cables (the Radeon card only has one HDMI, not 2 like the Nvidia and most cables I got lying around are to short.... bugger re-organise the office furniture again to fix, or buy new longer cables)

FYI: even with the second video card I still end up with a superior Mac at less bucks.

I will try to do the same thing as you, but it will be with this configuration:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI or GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
Processor: Core i7-8700K
Cooler / WC: Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO
Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB)
SSDs: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 500GB x2
Source: CORSAIR RMx Series RM1000X
VGA: Sapphire Radeon NITRO + RX 580 8GB GDDR5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back