Contribute
Register

Mac Pro (late 2013) replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
drooling honestly

i wanna build one

Hello everyone,

I noticed that these garbage cans go for $50! Well I went on the internet to find something cheaper! Turns out kitchen utensil holders look like they fit the bill of what could be a Mac Pro. They come cheap at less then $20. You can find them on Amazon and they always show the dimensions, which should be about 7inch diameter and 12 inch tall?

Mac Pro kitchen utensil holder .jpg

Thanks, JP.

Hello everyone,

I noticed that these garbage cans go for $50! Well I went on the internet to find something cheaper! Turns out kitchen utensil holders look like they fit the bill of what could be a Mac Pro. They come cheap at less then $20. You can find them on Amazon and they always show the dimensions, which should be about 7inch diameter and 12 inch tall?

Thanks, JP.

7" would be cutting it VERY close, especially if that is the outside diameter. I would suspect inside diameter would be 176mm, and that might be too narrow. The inside of the trash can does narrow to about 173mm at the top, but at the base it is more like 180mm. That could mean the difference between a slide on case vs. needing a slot in the case below the IO panel.

Beyond that, I can't say if it would work or not. Wouldn't have to worry about RF shielding!

For the response on the utensil holder,

I've found that max height of it can go up to 9 inches, so I've had some help to draw out a 3 piece Mac Pro on Solidworks. I'm not home to view it but when I get home I can post it here. I will order the parts and see how I can fit them together, then in Solidworks I can change the entire dimensions to what is required. I'm hoping to keep it at the closest measurements of the original Mac Pro, I hope to keep the diameter under 7.5 inches and below a foot tall. The case will be made of aluminum. I'll see what happens on the drawing later today.

-JP

Hi,

can anyone tell me the wall thickness of the Case?

Hi,

can anyone tell me the wall thickness of the Case?

Which case? There has been recent discussions of a utensil holder, but I assume you mean the trash bin?

On the trash bin, the wall thickness varies from about 5mm at the open end to about 8mm at the closed end, just before the curve.

Hey guys,

It's been over 6 months since i last posted on this thread. But I wanted to share with you my Hack Pro (Late 2013) build. It's running a GA-Z87N-WIFI + i7 4770k. Like with most projects, work gets in the way and the build drags..

20140416-Hackintosh-001.jpg

I've got 100+ photos on the build on my blog: http://bytesandbolts.com/hack-pro-late-2013-build-update-october/

So nearing completing, just need to fabricate a IO backplate and mount the power SW + power socket.

Hey guys. I was looking at doing this my self but I found a couple trash cans that could work. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE MEASUREMENTS COULD BE WRONG DUE TO THE SOURCE SPEC POSTING.

MEZZO CAN CHAMPAGNE BLACK 10L

28295255936.jpg
Height - 11.7"
Wide - 9.04"

or

5L Mini Sway Can Pewter
Can.jpg
This one will need to be modded if the height is true but still can be worked with.

Height - 7.5"
Wide - 7.5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back