Contribute
Register

Mac Pro (late 2013) replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks cool but I wouldn't trust it my self. The idea behind it looks cool but I prefer to lift a cover off instead of opening a door. It would not feel much like a Late 2013 Mac Pro replica in that case.

I'm new to the forum as of today and just looked through this. I have to say, this is a great example of true creativity. I hope it has held up for the modder, but this guys deserves props all the way around.

Will this work with another mini ITX MOBO? No one sells the one listed anymore.

Chipsatz 127 Degree ? huh

I with there would be PC housings available with that standing airflow design !

Hi everyone! :)

I'm thinking to build a Mac Pro 2013 replica like this project, a sort of tunnel of wings with two fans: one on the bottom and one upper. My questions are about the fan choice:

1) Which kind of fan I have to put? I'm thinking to put a static-pressure fan on the bottom, because of the components are very near to the fan. And for the upper fan? I have to put another static-pressure fan or an air-flow fan?
2) Are the Corsair Sp 120 fans good? I thought to buy two Corsair SP140 mm fans but there aren't PWM/no led ones. Now I'm thinking to buy two Corsair SP120 PWM for the absence of the leds and the possibility to regulate the RPMs. Is it a good choice?
3) Can I remove the CPU'fan and the PSU's fan? The bottom and the upper fans are enough to guarantee a good system's temperature?
4) My motherboard (Gigabyte GAH170M-WiFi) have only two 4-pin connectors: one for the CPU's fan and one for the chasis's fan. I'm thinking to connect the bottom fan to the CPU's fan connector and the upper fan to the chasis's fan connector. Is it a good idea? If the temperature test will be bad, can I connect a CPU's fan and the bottom fan on the same connector?

Thanks a lot :)

necro but in case you're still thinking about it yulbrinner, no. You will kill your cpu in seconds without a cpu fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back