Contribute
Register

Mac Pro Hackintosh! PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the great feedback! I am really happy I decided to make a thread. It really has helped. I think I will buy a mATX motherboard and mount it in a G5 case using JB Weld and standoffs and I will cut out one long rectangle to have all the ports exposed much like kiwisincebirth's picture and eelhead's build at first. I have a question in regard to that as well. What standoffs/screws do I use? The ones that come with the G5? What if my G5 doesn't come with standoffs or screws.. is there any where I can buy standoffs/screws? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
Craig

The ideal purchase is a complete system sold by an original owner. I see these come into the local market every few weeks usually around $ 100 US. And buy local to be able to inspect the case if at all possible (this avoids the issue of shipping damage because case is hard to package correctly). With a complete system you get mine all kinds of interesting bits including the screws that fit the stand offs.

And if you are in the US you have many options for screws, stand offs, etc. I use www.mcmaster.com/ for items not found in collection or local hardware stores.

have fun
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back