Contribute
Register

Mac Pro G5 Case Hackintosh Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
sTripe said:
looks very good and similar to my project, I started long time ago and didn't finish yet...

Thanks Stripe!

I saw your work log, and it looks AWESOME!!!! Are you still working on it? I think your project will come out looking the best.

One question, can the bare internals of a power supply be mounted on the flat surface of the G5 internal lower level? I dismantled the PSU from its case, and would like to spread it out on the lower level of the G5 inside case....any issues?

Thanks, and can't wait to see yours complete!

Yes, it is possible to mount a power supply in the original PSU case. For me it is impossible, bcause I got an Enermax Revolution, its components are to high. So you have to find one that has smaller internals. then you could cut up the case and put it in...

Yes I'm working on it. actually I am laminating the PSU-Cover. Then I will paint it Black. Only Problem is that the stand-ups for the mainboard got loose, the 2k glue was not strong enough...

sTripe said:
Yes, it is possible to mount a power supply in the original PSU case.

Not the original G5 PSU case, i mean on the actual G5 case metal itself. I took the internals from the Antec PSU and want to mount it in the bottom of the G5 case (not inside the G5 PSU case). Will there be grounding issues or what not?

Here's what I have so far: (and if I'm hi-jacking here, let me know and I'll start another)
fans&psu.jpgpsuduct.jpgpsu&duct.jpg

Attachments

• fans&psu.jpg
    fans&psu.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 772
  • psuduct.jpg
    psuduct.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 709
  • psu&duct.jpg
    psu&duct.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 1,159
Status