Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU
Q9650
Graphics
9800GTX+
Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum and site, and I must admit, it a an amazing place! So many knowledgable people and friendly atmosphere....this is what the Mac OSx86 is all about! Nice work Tony!

Although I am new here, im not new to building a Hackintosh. I currently have a EP45-UD3P w/ Intel Q9650 chip, 4GB of Memory, and a Nvidia 9800GTX+ build. Almost identical setup to Lifehacker's SL build.

My build has been running for over 4months now and it has been flawless!!!...but something has been missing to really make it cool...a mac pro G5 look!

In the next two weeks, I will be posting a How-To guide (if not already posted) on putting Hackintosh components (motherboard, video card, etc...) into a Mac Pro G5 case. This will be a complete and thorough walkthrough on how to properly fit all parts into a G5 case and make it look OEM (no hack-job here).

I ordered a case online yesterday, so it should be here in a week. The guide will include step-by-step pics.

Thanks again for everyones support and lets keep this great forum going!

Fadiddy said:
Hello everyone,

Im new to this forum and site, and I must admit, it a an amazing place! So many knowledgable people and friendly atmosphere....this is what the Mac OSx86 is all about! Nice work Tony!

Although I am new here, im not new to building a Hackintosh. I currently have a EP45-UD3P w/ Intel Q9650 chip, 4GB of Memory, and a Nvidia 9800GTX+ build. Almost identical setup to Lifehacker's SL build.

My build has been running for over 4months now and it has been flawless!!!...but something has been missing to really make it cool...a mac pro G5 look!

In the next two weeks, I will be posting a How-To guide (if not already posted) on putting Hackintosh components (motherboard, video card, etc...) into a Mac Pro G5 case. This will be a complete and thorough walkthrough on how to properly fit all parts into a G5 case and make it look OEM (no hack-job here).

I ordered a case online yesterday, so it should be here in a week. The guide will include step-by-step pics.

Thanks again for everyones support and lets keep this great forum going!

Cannot wait to see this. I love case mods. :)

Whoa, baby! I'm gonna want to see how to a Mac Pro case mod, as well. I think I saw a couple of posts over at insanelymac.com of guys mod'ing Apple cases. But, most of them were very short on the "how to" part of the mod.

This is gotta be akin to Hot Rodding a '32 Ford Deuce Coup. :headbang:

AmericanGraffiti1.jpg

Hey, man! Where did you find the case?

3608913_std.jpg

Stork said:

Stork,

I found the case in the most unusual place....a guy was parting out his Mac Pro (constant kernel panics) on a sports car forum!!! Talk about being at the right place at the right time! Sold me the case and shipping for $80....a steal!

Yeah, I have seen a few modded cases on other Hackintosh sites, but like you said, all failed to show a step-by-step process and most were hacked up pretty bad (imo). I will try and outline the entire process, from tools to schematics to custom wiring for PSU and buttons. This is my first time doing this, but I am pretty good with fabrication.

This reminds me of the part in Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift, where they stuff an Nissan RB26DETT motor in a 60's Ford Mustang....beautiful design, beautiful motor....best of both worlds!

Hello there, I too have a G5 case I am modding. I've managed to disassemble most of the case, it really is a pain in the neck. Looking forward to reading and seeing how you're doing it.

I will be watching this thread I to have a G5 case ready to go :)

Fadiddy, any progress, yet?

Stork said:
Fadiddy, any progress, yet?

There was a super long thread a while back on here with a ton of progress made on this very project:

Building your hackintosh in a G5 case
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1849

Might add some interesting perspective to this go. ;)

my friend did this with a G5 Case, Lian-Li tray, JB Weld, Dremel and some front I/O cables and ports, came out VERY nicely. Might buy it from him haha

Bought mine for $40 from a guy on Craigslist lol I cut mine in the back though to fit everything correctly as it would be on a PC case.
Fadiddy said:
Stork said:

Stork,

I found the case in the most unusual place....a guy was parting out his Mac Pro (constant kernel panics) on a sports car forum!!! Talk about being at the right place at the right time! Sold me the case and shipping for $80....a steal!

Yeah, I have seen a few modded cases on other Hackintosh sites, but like you said, all failed to show a step-by-step process and most were hacked up pretty bad (imo). I will try and outline the entire process, from tools to schematics to custom wiring for PSU and buttons. This is my first time doing this, but I am pretty good with fabrication.

This reminds me of the part in Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift, where they stuff an Nissan RB26DETT motor in a 60's Ford Mustang....beautiful design, beautiful motor....best of both worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back