i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Community!

First I'd like to say that i searched pretty much the whole forum and didn't really found what i searched.
So I'm about to begin a Mac Pro Mod. I already disassembled the Mac and thought about mounting the hardware. But I am currently stuck at my Front Panel. I found some wiring "tutorials" but I still have some questions:

1. I am not absolutely shure which exact Front Panel model I have so I don't want to mess around with the cables.
2. I couldn't find a really good wiring plan so I wanted to ask if maybe someone can send me a photo of his wiring or a good plan.

and the last question I have is the power button. In the plans i found was only the Power+ on the motherboard connected never the minus pin. Does this work??.

Please Help :)

Attachments

• IMG_2849.jpg
    IMG_2849.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,680
Hello Community!

First I'd like to say that i searched pretty much the whole forum and didn't really found what i searched.
So I'm about to begin a Mac Pro Mod. I already disassembled the Mac and thought about mounting the hardware. But I am currently stuck at my Front Panel. I found some wiring "tutorials" but I still have some questions:

1. I am not absolutely shure which exact Front Panel model I have so I don't want to mess around with the cables.
2. I couldn't find a really good wiring plan so I wanted to ask if maybe someone can send me a photo of his wiring or a good plan.

and the last question I have is the power button. In the plans i found was only the Power+ on the motherboard connected never the minus pin. Does this work??.

Please Help :)

The information is here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-m...kpro-gigabyte-z68mx-ud2h-b3-mac-pro-case.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/28892-neilharts-mac-pro-hack.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/95353-desperately-need-guidance-mac-pro-mod.html

and the power button is covered in the last link, see post #7. If you examine how the power on function actually works, you will find the + pwr pin on your motherboard is setting there "high", meaning with +5 volts. If you bring a system ground (-) to this pin, driving it "low" and the system turns on (if is off) and if the system is on and you hold this pin low, the PSU will turn off.

Mooner's thread has most of the answers to questions that you will have and I used it as a reference when I was working on my Mac Pro hack.

Good hacking,
neil

Thank's for your help neil. I will try this in the next few days when I got time.
Thank you for your help. :)

@maxi322 -

I know this is an old post Of yours but wondering if you were able to figure this out. I’m all done with my mod except the power button. What did you do to get the power switch working?

@maxi322 -

I know this is an old post Of yours but wondering if you were able to figure this out. I’m all done with my mod except the power button. What did you do to get the power switch working?

Seems to me all I have to do to get the power button working is splice the wires from it (which close a contact) to the contact on the front panel. So, all I need is a space 2-conductor female connector to fit in this socket (see attached motherboard drawing).

Anyone know either where I can get one of these pins, or at least the name for it to assist in my googling?

Edit: I'd say NEVER mind, but for completeness, I found it on Amazon:
Phobya Front Panel Extension Cables.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A5TA9CA/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm going to splice the power switch connection to the mac pro power button (which is 3 conductor, but I confirmed two of them close when you push the button).

Attachments

• IMG_1770.JPG
    IMG_1770.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 282
Hi all,

I am currently making a Mac Pro A1289 from 2010. I am currently working on the front panel connections. I used the widespread diagram for this purpose. I removed all wires not used from the 44 pin multiconnector. I now have working powe on/off and power LED.
My question is sound. On the diagram is only shown sound Left and Sound Right, plus a Common.
On my motherboard an Asus H410H-E, is some 7 chanel sound.
I have no idea of what those afore mentioned 3 wires correspond to on my motherboard.
Does anyonehave some good suggestions on that?
And on my mothernoard are stated 3 different sense pins. I'd liek to make that jack plug in the front have the sense function as well. Does anyone have an idea about what pin number on the Mac Pro 44 pin multiplug is a sense wire that the Mac Pro normally uses?

Any ideas are most wellcome.

Kind regards,
Laverda.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back