Contribute
Register

Mac pro Front panel Power button and led only????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys, i was reading yous for ages and now when iam stuck i decided to post. Your are hackintosh gurus so only hope on you.
I have the mac pro front panel and i want to make power button and power led working only. Tried everything but no luck. Used diagram MAC PRO FRONT PANEL PINOUT, connected pin 8,6 and 1 , power button works but led no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

MB Ga-p55a-ud6, power supply antec trupower 650

Attachments

• MACPROFRONTPRT.jpg
    MACPROFRONTPRT.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 5,983
roman26 said:
Hi Guys, i was reading yous for ages and now when iam stuck i decided to post. Your are hackintosh gurus so only hope on you.
I have the mac pro front panel and i want to make power button and power led working only. Tried everything but no luck. Used diagram MAC PRO FRONT PANEL PINOUT, connected pin 8,6 and 1 , power button works but led no luck. Any ideas? Thanks.

MB Ga-p55a-ud6, power supply antec trupower 650

you dont say which case..............
does this help you,there are different methods for different front panels...............
1 GRD
2 ?
3 ?
4 +5v LED
5 +5v /USB BOTTOM
6 POWER BOTTON
7 +5v /USB TOP
8 LED (NEGATIVE)

I reference pin 4

or look here http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... thread=501

hope it helps :thumbup:

you have to connect the usb ground to something or the LED wont work. And I think PW will turn it on but without ground but you cant hold it to turn it off forcibly. Thats how it was with my G5 anyway. Only power button worked until I took the ground out of the FW header and connected it to a USB header ground pin.

Thanks, i will try it later on today. Tell you a truth i had ga p55a-ud3 motherboard , everything worked fine , until i made that fancy usb cable ,connected it to mb and front panel , switched it on and thats it. It was last time when i saw my mb working. Now when i i switch on p55a-ud3 mb it on for 1 sec, then off , on again and it goes in the loop :evil: (followed all the manuals ffor custom SATA cable posted on aquamac). Now bought ga p55a-ud6 and it works for now :D , dont wanna risk with USB ports working (on mac front panel) So just stick with power button and LED. But if you can give me a link on step-by-step instruction it will be great.
P.S My case is mac pro
Thanks in advance.

roman26 said:
Thanks, i will try it later on today. Tell you a truth i had ga p55a-ud3 motherboard , everything worked fine , until i made that fancy usb cable ,connected it to mb and front panel , switched it on and thats it. It was last time when i saw my mb working. Now when i i switch on p55a-ud3 mb it on for 1 sec, then off , on again and it goes in the loop :evil: (followed all the manuals ffor custom SATA cable posted on aquamac). Now bought ga p55a-ud6 and it works for now :D , dont wanna risk with USB ports working (on mac front panel) So just stick with power button and LED. But if you can give me a link on step-by-step instruction it will be great.
P.S My case is mac pro
Thanks in advance.

what year/early/late eg;mine is mac pro g5 2008

and rory is right as well///earths need to be looped on some;whether using all front panel or not......

and more info here dude http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 59&start=0

:thumbup: :thumbup:Early 2009 Mac Pro Front Panel Layout.JPG

just as ref to different versions man.....
pinout.pdf
01 02 03 04 05 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Audio
USB
Firewire
Button/LED
unknown
01: Audio Left 02: Audio GND 03: Audio Right 04: ???
05: FIREWIRE GND (double) 06: USB VCC (+5V)
07: GND
08: GND
09: FIREWIRE TPB-
10: FIREWIRE TPB+
11: LED
12: Firewire FW802C IC VDDA (+3.3V) 13: ???
14: GND
15: FIREWIRE VCC (double) (+12V) 16: GND
17: USB D-
18: USB D+
19: GND
20: FIREWIRE TPA-
21: FIREWIRE TPA+
22: BUTTON

-- Apple Mac Powermac G5 late 2005 model frontpanel front panel connector
pinout

Attachments

• Early 2009 Mac Pro Front Panel Layout.JPG
    Early 2009 Mac Pro Front Panel Layout.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,932
  • pinout.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 990
Thanks mate. But i have different fron panel, like this. :rolleyes:
As i said connected pins 8, 6 and 1 . Power button works, led doesnt.

Attachments

• macprofrontpanela.jpg
    macprofrontpanela.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 33,534
roman26 said:
Thanks mate. But i have different fron panel, like this. :rolleyes:
As i said connected pins 8, 6 and 1 . Power button works, led doesnt.

no probs man got most wiring diagrams but i dont think i got yours still looking through my storage for ya.. :thumbup: was just adding things for others too,sorry im in wiring mode.

Hi

I have a different case from that one. Done all the physical mods, ready to start adding board etc.

Has anyone got the pin out for this one?
front panel.JPG

Attachments

• front panel.JPG
    front panel.JPG
    680.2 KB · Views: 2,251
blueadrian said:
Hi

I have a different case from that one. Done all the physical mods, ready to start adding board etc.

Has anyone got the pin out for this one?
front panel.JPG

Looks like you have a powermac G5 to me.....if so then look at the G5 resource thread (stickied).

i got a 2006 mac with a 15amp power outlet, bigger earth pin,i think it has a different front similar to a post by adrian

the board connects directly to the motherboard,i dont mind not using the board, but the power button has 3 wires, i assume it was power +,- and led,

i dont think theres a pinup for this style,might be wrong,will look into it again,
thanks

Attachments

• macpro case.jpg
    macpro case.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,319
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back