Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys (lazy76 & derElbe). Much appreciated comments.

Since I got my Apple keyboard & Trackpad, the user experience has improved. I don't use Windows anymore, unless I want to play Far Cry 3 or something similar.

It's a solid as rock, does everything I need it to, and more.

:)

Thanks guys (jmpa & rsramirez).

Just an update as it's been around 6 full months of using my Haximus Pro (Mac Pro of sorts).

Well, to be honest, it's not done anything wrong. My only regret is not putting a better GPU in there, but hey, I don't play many games and the games that I have played in Windows (Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider (new one), Skyrim, Remember Me, Hitman Absolution, etc) all look really good and are a massive boost from my Xbox 360 graphics.

I have not had any reason to reinstall osX due to any issues, and it still boots within a few seconnds to osX (and Windows when selected) despite having over 1000 additional fonts installed. Even when I go to change the font (in any app), it takes only a second or 2 to load the full list of fonts I have installed.

Verdict: Worth every penny and more.

My only issue, which I didn't have at the time of the build, is the new Mac Pro which was announced recently at the famous keynote speech.

I like the Mac Pro case, but it's so small and petite. Only time will tell if I end up making a Haximus Pro V2 with that case (if and when they become available through the usual outlets).

Thanks for looking at my build, and hopefully it inspires you or at least gives you some ideas to get your own finished or even started.

Bye.

Think I will install Mavericks tonight. It's free and Multibeast/Unibeast have been updated too so there are no excuses.

Free OS for my hackintosh, why not. I might even update the thread too.

Take care

UPDATE

I successfully installed Mavericks to my SSD. I did a 'dirty' install (not clean) and kept all my apps etc. I am running the MacPro5,1 profile with an agpm.kext edit for my GPU.

Everything runs perfectly, using the same boot.plist as the 10.8.2 install in this thread.

Thanks again to anyone that reads this.

This is one of the very sweetest Mac Pros I've ever seen! I'm currently looking for a Mac Pro case for my next project. My G5 Hackintosh was finished already five months ago and I need a new project.

Several questions from here almost on the way. :)

Nice and clean!!! :thumbup:
The MacPro 2008 case (3.1)is the same or equal to the (4.1)?
The Processor Cage (with fans & speaker) - 922-8886 can be puted in the 2008 case?
:beachball:

Nice and clean!!! :thumbup:
The MacPro 2008 case (3.1)is the same or equal to the (4.1)?
The Processor Cage (with fans & speaker) - 922-8886 can be puted in the 2008 case?
:beachball:

Thanks!!

I would assume that the processor cage can be used on that case. Good luck.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back