Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Update:

Firstly thanks to anyone/everyone for reading this thread. I know my Haximus Pro is not anything special compared to some others; but I was not creating it to be anything special. I just wanted something that resembled a Mac Pro from the outside, as and much as possible from the inside.

I still have my Haximus Pro, and it is running perfectly, on the latest osX 10.9.*

Everything works perfectly still (as expected), it still boots up within 2-3 seconds and I absolutely love it's performance.

The only difference I have made, or addition is that the sound is now coming through an external USB DAC (my old headphone amplifier FiiO E7). This also means I do not have to reinstall the sound drivers after updating the OS.

Take care and enjoy osX; so much better than Windows.

It seems that this mother board tray model is not available any more :thumbdown:

Unlucky.

Update:
I updated to 10.9.3 sometime ago, but I didn't really check to see if 'everything' works, turns out it did not.

In the OP(s) I used a 'fix' to get my GPU to run Adobe Premiere Pro, and also Luxmark. Well, after some digging, and ultimately trying, I can no longer run either of these apps.

I think the nVidia drivers are to blame, and also my aging GPU. I am thinking of buying a new GPU (GTX 760) which should work a lot better.

It means that I can use both my GPUs in Windows for gaming as I will use the 560ti for PhysX only (I have read that this is doable).

Also the 760 should work a lot better in osX, not that my 560ti runs badly. But I think I should have a newer GPU in the Haximus Pro to keep it strong.

Thanks bro!

- - - Updated - - -

Update - Just got a HP Probook and it's now a Macbook Pro.

Say hello to my Mac Probook!

Hi,

I've been a long time lurker of the forums and finally decided to join due to your build. I too, have a Mac Pro 2009 case. Unlike you, I am fairly lost on how to go about modding the unit to leave it looking as stock and pristine as possible, like you were able to do. I would appreciate it very much if you could get back to me, hopefully providing some advice. You can contact me on the forums or on Twitter @10Frank10. I attempted to PM you, but apparently I need 75 posts in order to do so.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump but I am very eager to get help. If anyone would be able to provide some insight, I would be appreciative

I didn't even realise you were looking for advice. The PM system is a bit daft here.

If you want to mod the case, you have to work out what size motherboard you want to install, and how to install it.

Once you know that, the rest is fairly easy. The only way to work all of this out (in an informed way) is to check all the builds out, and see what was installed, and how they did it.

UPDATE OF THIS BUILD @ 21.11.2014

See post 4 for full update

Keep building

I didn't even realise you were looking for advice. The PM system is a bit daft here.

If you want to mod the case, you have to work out what size motherboard you want to install, and how to install it.

Once you know that, the rest is fairly easy. The only way to work all of this out (in an informed way) is to check all the builds out, and see what was installed, and how they did it.

UPDATE OF THIS BUILD @ 21.11.2014

See post 4 for full update

Keep building

I appreciate the reply, I'll definitely check out post 4 and some others along the way, hopefully with success in my building fairly soon.

Is there any way I can contact you outside of the forums, as it seems as though we play a bit of a cat and mouse game here?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back