Graphics
GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I really love the Mac Pro case, but I'm not sure if there's a way to buy the case itself. I would like to use one for a hackintosh myself, but not sure the difficulties of finding compatible hardware. Thoughts?

You can buy the case itself at eBay from time to time :beachball: , just look out for it. Maybe a G5 case would be something good for you too.

Yes,eBay it's a good place to find it.Keep in mind that Apple doesn't produce them as spare parts,so you will always (?) find it used.G5 case is very much alike the MacPro case,with small differences like an extra DVD-RW tray on the MacPro and some extra ports.But the design itself is the same on both.There are many on eBay in US,and cost less,i bought a G5 case 10 days ago here in italy,i paid 99 euros.At least it has everything in it (apart HDD,DVD-RW and RAM).
G5:
g5.png
MacPro:
mac pro.jpg

Attachments

• g5.png
    g5.png
    806.3 KB · Views: 1,431
  • mac pro.jpg
    mac pro.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3,699
Thanks for the replies, but as much as I love the case it looks like a lot of people have had to modify them to work. I'm still looking through the customization threads, but from the ones I've seen they've had to actually cut parts of the case to fit. I think I'll just get a Corsair case, they have some pretty nice clean looking cases, and it'll be new.

That's a Mac case,not a PC case ,so yes,you need to mod it.If you look for a fast and easy solution,this is not what you are looking for ;)

Davabo said:
This case looks a little like the Mac Pros and are much smaller:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/produ ... is/prodigy

Paint i silver and it would be really cool!
The mac pro are to big imo.
That is a MUUUUUCH smaller case,it's cool,i love it and i'm planing on building a mini-itx hack into that.The G5 case it's not that big,i had gaming cases bigger than this

Honestly I'd rather just spend more time upgrading the components, I'm not looking to make some highly engineered super computer by any means. Modifying anything to fit is out of the question for me. Just want to have a nice fast desktop computer that looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back