Contribute
Register

Mac Pro Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i9 > Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
R9 290
I've read most threads regarding Power Mac G5 and all the Mac Pro Case mods I can find. I know what I'm getting my self into but a Mac Pro case is what I'm going for, I just purchased a new 2006 Mac Pro Case all the original wiring is included except for the PSU. I'm not going to be using a mobo tray or the mountain mods rear i/o plate, it would look more original without it.

I'm going with a mAtx board, I been more decided on a GA-B75M-D3P mostly because the on/off usb charging. Im going with a Intel Core i7-3770K.

My main concern and choosing a PSU is quiet and cool I used to own a corsair 650 and it was loud and made my room hot to the point that if the pc was on I had to turn on the a/c. I'm thinking of getting this PC Power and Cooling Silencer 760W High, if someone can please give some input on my PSU concern it will be greatly appreciated.

I'm very excited for this build due to the fact that a lot of time and effort is going to be put in. I plan on using the hot swap feature in the future for now I'm going to be running a OWC mercury extreme Pro that I already own. I've studied electronics and know how to solder but the dremel is going to be a first, and is a crucial part of the build for case modification.

Wish me luck. I will have most the parts for my build from here to 2 weeks, will keep you posted.

Attachments

• macpro.jpg
    macpro.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 3,875
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12,071
  • fronti:o.jpg
    fronti:o.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 1,838
  • speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    976.9 KB · Views: 1,835
  • IMG_3055.jpg
    IMG_3055.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,474
  • IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,064
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 2,352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 1,748
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713.6 KB · Views: 1,474
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 2,604
  • IMG_0815-1.jpg
    IMG_0815-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,762
I've read most threads regarding Power Mac G5 and all the Mac Pro Case mods I can find. I know what I'm getting my self into but a Mac Pro case is what I'm going for, I just purchased a new 2006 Mac Pro Case all the original wiring is included except for the PSU. I'm not going to be using a mobo tray or the mountain mods rear i/o plate, it would look more original without it.
I'm going with a mAtx board, I been more decided on a GA-B75M-D3P mostly because the on/off usb charging. Im going with a Intel Core i7-3770K. My main concern and choosing a PSU is quiet and cool I used to own a corsair 650 and it was loud and made my room hot to the point that if the pc was on I had to turn on the a/c. Im thinking of getting this PC Power and Cooling Silencer 760W High, if someone can please give some input on my PSU concern it will be greatly appreciated. I'm very excited for this build due to the fact that a lot of time and effort is going to be put in. I plan on using the hot swap feature in the future for now I'm going to be running a OWC mercury extreme Pro that I already own. I've studied electronics and know how to solder but the dremel is going to be a first, and is a crucial part of the build for case modification. Wish me luck. I will have most the parts for my build from here to 2 weeks, will keep you posted.

Have you purchased any components yet? Because if you have purchased the mobo and CPU, you just wasted money on the CPU because I don't believe you can overclock on the B75 chipset.

Correct me if I'm wrong :) Good luck!

Jeffinslaw

I haven't purchased the cpu, to my knowledge that CPU is unlocked for overclocking, I'm going to do more research before I purchase it, but I'm getting a good deal on one. Thanks I will do some more digging around to see.

I haven't purchased the cpu, to my knowledge that CPU is unlocked for overclocking, I'm going to do more research before I purchase it, but I'm getting a good deal on one. Thanks I will do some more digging around to see.

Yah, I know that CPU can overclock but you need to go with a Z77 chipset if you want to be able to overclock the CPU. That's what I was trying to say :)

Jeffinslaw

I just noticed what you meant, you was referring to the MB. I guess I'm going to bump up to a better MB than. Any suggestion on one that is matx and would work with no problems on OS X, I'm a Mac user and would like my hackintosh to run stable with all features fully functional.

I just noticed what you meant, you was referring to the MB. I guess I'm going to bump up to a better MB than. Any suggestion on one that is matx and would work with no problems on OS X, I'm a Mac user and would like my hackintosh to run stable with all features fully functional.

I would check the Golden Builds. There you will find a wide variety of builds that work nearly flawlessly. I say nearly flawlessly because nothing is perfect.

Jeffinslaw

So now I'm leaning towards the ASUS P8Z77-M PRO even though I would have to flash the bios I'm cool with that. Seems like speed stepping is working on this board and sleep/wake, I hope this would be a good solution to my build. My Mac Pro case gets here on Friday :) can't wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back