Contribute
Register

Mac Pro Case COMPLETED....for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mac Pro Case

tom.humphrey said:
I bought a mountain mods motherboard tray, which I've adapted to give the mac pro style look.

Cheers eelhead, When are you going to get round to building yours :p
Soon Soon <rubs hands like Mr. Burns> lol

about motherboard tray.
the sheet metal of the back of the case,

LINK

Managed to pick it up off of ebay for £2 a sheet which was half the size of what they were selling on specialtech for £20 (with larger holes as well)

I bought two sheets for my mods.

Should also say it isn't exactly the same but is the closest I could find (the hole spacing is slightly closer together then on the mac pro)

OK, Thank you

jose456891 said:
Nice, I tried this once with a G5, and I quit after painting it. Lesson learned: I'm no spray-paint artist....bummer.

How are you glueing the back? I hope you are using a conductive material, suck as conductive epoxy.

I have pictures of my case, I'm willing to get rid of them.
Hah, Apple has a special way of painting these, I can't think of what it's called (no sarcasm intended)

cometinspace said:
jose456891 said:
Nice, I tried this once with a G5, and I quit after painting it. Lesson learned: I'm no spray-paint artist....bummer.

How are you glueing the back? I hope you are using a conductive material, suck as conductive epoxy.

I have pictures of my case, I'm willing to get rid of them.
Hah, Apple has a special way of painting these, I can't think of what it's called (no sarcasm intended)

It is Anodized coating.

I currently have an ATX board, but I would like to do as little modding as possible because I dont have a lot of time. Would it be easier to get a m-atx motherboard? Also do you have to buy the "apple" dvd drive seperate or can you throw in any dvd drive.
Thanks,
Eduard

KaiserEduard said:
I currently have an ATX board, but I would like to do as little modding as possible because I dont have a lot of time. Would it be easier to get a m-atx motherboard? Also do you have to buy the "apple" dvd drive seperate or can you throw in any dvd drive.
Thanks,
Eduard
If you have a Pro case it would be easier to do a mATX board so you wouldn't have to cut the top shelf or make an opening at the bottom like aquamac did on his for a full size ATX.

I would then still have to buy a motherboard tray or can I just bolt it in?

I'd recommend getting a motherboard tray but I guess if you mounted the standoffs in the correct position you could use the back of it as a board, however you might not be able to fit the cpu cooler on if you do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back