I have used a Mac Pro a1289 case,

I7 5820k
ASUs x99 deluxe
Sapphire hd7970 3gb
24gb ram ddr4
5 tb HDds 7200rpm
And 2 ssd Kingston
Water cooling with 2 fans

I have done it with minimum cutting and with my 3D printer, y create some pieces like i/o shield and stand for motherboard
Here I give you some pics

I’m still working on front panel with usb 3.0 and keeping it like it is, without cutting

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2VP
CPU
i5-2400K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Nice and clean Mod. Good Work so far. Soldering extension cables to the Front I/O should to the trick.
Firewire could be a bit more complicated. I have the expirence that if you just solder the cables to the I/O Boards plugs you have to cut the traces or desolder all the chips on the board.

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have bought a 3.1 front board because de board of the 5.1 of the case was without wires
Have put new standoffs and prepared wires, one molex to have 12+V 5v and Gnd, other 2 pins for led and power button without ground, and a 3,3 v direct from the main wire of the mother board,
Also y used a Sata wire conecting 3 gnd together, both data’s wires to each part of usb connection and green one the same, dara - and data+

Next step is going to add usb3.0 instead of FireWire
And cut a little bit at the front
now i have finished the front panel and works great, i will make a hard disk 3 and 4 holder tu up them to the side panel, because i have a full atx motherboard and it will not allow to me to conect sata and psu sata and then, audio wires, and usb 3.0 port,
and the final step i guess that i would do a wind tunel for the back part of the heatsink to create a wall and separate the "hot" air from the ram and board
there always appears some little bit problems, but we can handle it.

for anyone who wants design of printed pieces i can share them, even build them with my 3d printer and send it.

anyway i would appreciate any advice to improve my build.

Attachments

Last edited: