Contribute
Register

Mac Pro 2013, with PCI bay... Add Thunderbolt 3 with ASUS PCIe ThunerboltEX 3 Card Possible?

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe-U3.1
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello.
I just wanted to ask if the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 PCIe card could be used on a Mac Pro..using a PCI bay.

El Capitan.

As My Hackintosh Asus A II x99 High Seirra build does not seem to let this card work proper with my Audio device.
USB 3.0 is only detected..but not USB 3.1 or USB C..or TB3...of which I believe needs USB 3.1 /C also.

So the audio device just does not show up on the Hackintosh using ThunderboltEX 3 Card.

I know ASUS ThunderboltEX 2 card might work...as someone has got that going on same type build, of which I used to get this far.

I have a Mac Pro..with the bay for 2 PCIe (tb2 port)...And I have one open slot....Would that work as a add on upgrade to get this card working on something, so I could use the TB 3 audio device and 2 ports?...might slow down or cut the width to tb2 speeds...But the Audio unit would work perhaps, better than on USB 3.0?.

Just asking.

If there is a solution to Hackintosh 6.1 and tb3/USB 3.1 and C...for it around?...any help on that would help also.

Also..as I am using the 6.1 plist on the hackintosh...would it be better to use a higher updated to MAC PRO 2013 plist likeness to solve the Hackintosh 3.1/C/TB3 issue Not showing up under the apple preferences and system info, on connected devices?

Thanks for any reply.

Les

Last edited: