Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just got my brand new Mac Pro Case and mapping out moving my current components to the case but I have some questions about the wiring included.

1. There are three wires connected to the base of the case that go into a small aluminum box numbered 1-3 (see pic). What are these for and what's inside that box?
2. The Optical Drive bay has a harness that ends with two Sata connections and a mini 4 pronged power connector. Anybody know what this is, and how to connect it to molex or standard PSU plugs?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    630.2 KB · Views: 573
Just got my brand new Mac Pro Case and mapping out moving my current components to the case but I have some questions about the wiring included.

1. There are three wires connected to the base of the case that go into a small aluminum box numbered 1-3 (see pic). What are these for and what's inside that box?
2. The Optical Drive bay has a harness that ends with two Sata connections and a mini 4 pronged power connector. Anybody know what this is, and how to connect it to molex or standard PSU plugs?

The three wires are WiFi and Bluetooth antenna wires heading to the mother board; check this link; http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Mac+Pro+Early+2009+Teardown/3528/3

And as for the cables in the optical drive area, I would remove them and use the power cables from you PC power supply and standard SATA cables if your mod uses an optical drive.

Good Hacking,
neil

Thanks oentz, but how do I know which wires are which from the Mac Pro 4 pin connector?

Attachments

• 4QKDOiQVc1GQllMG.jpg
    4QKDOiQVc1GQllMG.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 336
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back