Contribute
Register

Mac Pro 1.1 mATX Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
bixmix, I have no idea what 8pin connector has 3,5 and 12 volts. Attached is a drawing of the connections I think you are talking about.
Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 11.00.01.jpg

@Goldilocs @Arstidir

This is the 8pin MB connector im referencing. If I only wanted to connect the power button and LED (pins 6,8), do I need the power plug connections (pins 1,2,3,4)?

macprofrontpanela.jpeg

Absolutely love the design on this classic mac, you have done a great job with your mod :)

@Goldilocs @Arstidir

This is the 8pin MB connector im referencing. If I only wanted to connect the power button and LED (pins 6,8), do I need the power plug connections (pins 1,2,3,4)?

macprofrontpanela.jpeg

My switch is wired directly to the mother board. Your switch is on an Apple circuit board which without a wiring diagram it is vey tricky to work out.
The front panel board will probably need an earth and one of the voltages connected to power the LED.
Sorry can't be more help.

So I've been working on this and this is what I have so far. I haven't attached them to the panel yet and I hesitate to drill holes as I don't know exactly which spots I can safely drill through without damaging the other parts of the board.

Anyone have any experience with adhesives? Do you think something like conventional superglue could work? Any other ideas?

View attachment 342034 View attachment 342035 View attachment 342036

Front IO looks good with the 3.0 USB's.
It seems like you know what you are doing so I have a question...
Do you know how to get the power button with LED and the original USB's working?
I'm having trouble understanding. I've followed several builds but dont seem to understand.
Can you help me out?

Thanks

-David

Attachments

• IMG_4518L.jpg
    IMG_4518L.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back