Contribute
Register

Mac Pro 1.1 Hackintosh Z390 Designare Build 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, have you finished your build?
Not yet but getting there, had some hick-ups along the way sadly.

The paint job was one because the weather outside changed to much, it’s not perfect so have to re-do it sadly.

Also the vinyl stickers not all of them where good so have to find a good place to make the ones that where not good.

And the things that need to be done to make it work is lucky getting smaller.

Still needs to get done is:

1. The power button/led
2. Audio input front i/o
3. Front fan speaker ( I broke the I/O board of the speaker when it slip out of my hands luckily I had a spare so just need to soldeer it)

Plus needed a few bits like, a Adaptor cable from usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 for the bottom 2 front I/O ports got that one today and choose to let go of making my own front fan unit cable and instead bought extensions cables to go further with the build.

Last week I installed the cpu and the cpu cooler plus the ram.

Now I am busy with the cable management but when doing so I came to the conclusion that I need to do it different so have to take allot out of the case but that will be fixed totally tomorrow.

Small fock up on my part plus and of the door mechanische pins and clip went lose so it’s also great timing to fix that in one sweep.

Hope to have it running asap but that depends on if I can get the power button wiring done

Want to use a windows button cable for the power button plus a windows led cable. But the Apple button has the led in one unit that has 3 cables plus, minus and ground.

And the windows cable are 2 plus/2 minus so little stuck there but if I can’t figure out how I’m going to just make the power button work and the led plus audio will be a future adjustment to getting it working first just like fixing the paint job on the case

Here a a few photo’s

Last photo like weird because the front fan unit isn’t there to support the other shields in there position.
9A81B822-0363-4BDB-8A20-FADF86A14F80.jpeg
FCCE7883-FE1A-4498-9568-A0916206A01C.jpeg
10FC8E1E-4DE3-4B2E-8C4B-E3A64C60AFA0.jpeg
8887ACAE-45CE-45D2-95A6-22C2369376A6.jpeg
00B7FEEE-271A-428A-BB51-1E271D63CBDE.jpeg

This was a big step back but also a giant step forward again by improving the cable management inside plus had the chance to fix a slot pin of the mechanische that got lose.
9966D478-870B-4E6F-B2F1-31BF7A40F094.jpeg

Started with placing the motherboard back in and bolting it and reattached a few cable and power supply unit in the case again but for now I’m done and after work I will resume with the progress.

Keep you all update on my build progress soon.

This was a big step back but also a giant step forward again by improving the cable management inside plus had the chance to fix a slot pin of the mechanische that got lose.
View attachment 546337
Started with placing the motherboard back in and bolting it and reattached a few cable and power supply unit in the case again but for now I’m done and after work I will resume with the progress.

Keep you all update on my build progress soon.
It looks really good in black!.

So wired the 2 hd and connected the few wires that I did not do yesterday night. Found out that I need to cut a little more off the dvd drive case so all the wires are not preventing the dvd case to insert all the way in.

So that’s on the list for today plus also fixing the front fan speaker part.

And I’ve I have time I’m going to look in to the power button how to get it working with windows powerbutton and led cables (they are to separate cables one for the power button and one for the led)

If anyone has the way to go on the powerbutton/led let me know been looking into it with not a straight forward plan

Will let you all know how I progress today.

CA3BA195-4983-4307-BC24-B116F29ABA1C.jpeg

So wired the 2 hd and connected the few wires that I did not do yesterday night. Found out that I need to cut a little more off the dvd drive case so all the wires are not preventing the dvd case to insert all the way in.

So that’s on the list for today plus also fixing the front fan speaker part.

And I’ve I have time I’m going to look in to the power button how to get it working with windows powerbutton and led cables (they are to separate cables one for the power button and one for the led)

If anyone has the way to go on the powerbutton/led let me know been looking into it with not a straight forward plan

Will let you all know how I progress today.

View attachment 546348

If the Power button is like the one in a powermac G5 the wires are power, led and a common ground.
Find out which are power and ground, connect them to your motherboards power pins. The remaining led wire needs to be connected to the plus pin of the led pins. No ground is needed on the MB led - pin!
If you have a constantly on power led, try the led wire on the MB HD activity + pin instead. That worked for me.

BR
Peter

So today I fixed the speaker with a new speaker and bolted it in the case plus finally placed the front fan unit in the case back in and wired the power button and tested it on a old pc and it works.

Thinks to still be done later on are:

Front Audio input
Led when pc is on
Drive bay adjustment cut for cables issues
Repainting the case

But for now it’s getting windows installed and how to get OS X on there

This are my values of my build in bios
7D1AF800-B428-4EFB-8294-47A04F2538B5.jpeg

So my build is getting to its completion

The build is up and running now I only need to get the following items to finish the build:

- a second SSD for the OS X part
- a better graphic card
- redo the paint job
- and a few small bits

Also building a external hd case out of a old Mac Pro 1.1 case, already removed the old ports and powerbutton and made it like there was none of that was in the front of the case

Now just need to make a second tray inside and paint it.

Have a third Mac Pro 1.1 case that I’m also going to convert to atx so I can redo the paint job of my main pc build

So far my update.

Will show photos of it soon

After a few weeks of enjoying the pc build on a tv screen finally I had some time to place the build on my desks and hook it up to my Apple Cinema 30inch display and now looking for a second one so I can disassemble one to paint it so it’s matching with the Apple Mac Pro 1.1 case that I also still need to touch up a bit from the paint mistakes. But overall it turn out better than expected for a first time build.

Still a few thinks to do:

- power led
- the front USB ports realign
- front audio port
- repainting case
- new Grafisch card
- second Apple Cinema Display 30inch
- painting the Apple cinema displays
- cleaning my Apple keyboard
- getting a better gaming mouse also seeing if I can link my Apple Magic Mouse I have maybe even finding a black one or paint one of the 2 I all ready have
- finishing the External HD Apple Mac Pro case I’m building
- looking up how to hackintosh my build or see who can do it for me if i can’t figure out how to get it done

B7109A92-9F4A-4166-BECF-0B176016CFB4.jpeg

Even do my list isn’t really getting smaller I hope you all are enjoying the way my build is progressing so far

Have a nice weekend you all till the next update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back