Contribute
Register

Mac Pro 1,1 Case Mod - The Ultimate Budget Kludge Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there, hope you still reply here, love your build i'm doing some thing similar to yours, but i'm stuck trying to remove one pice of the case i will attach the picture to see if you can give me any tips, sorry for my english but i'm from Brazil :)

Hmmm...I didn't have that piece on my Mac chassis. Though if I were to guess it might be riveted in place? Hopefully not.

You might be able to sneak a Dremel in there if there's somehow enough room.

UPDATE NUMBER 2 (or 3)

I've given up on running Mac OS X on this build for now. I've had too many problems with Audio just plain not working, and Clover making my Windows install on the other disk just freak out for no reason. It would cause boot problems and EFI issues.

Also, with Nvidia cards now not being supported by Mac OS that's just one more hurdle in the way. Though I've wanted to sell the card for a Radeon card and get a new PSU which probably works way better than the ten year old one I'm using now. OOF.

Probably an RX 570 or something like that. They're really cheap right now and offer more performance for the same price as my GTX 1050ti. Remember, this is a budget build here chaps.

Also, the second 80GB Drive I replaced with a new 500GB Seagate drive. Hooray for Amazon Prime!

It had renewed my interest in trying to get OS X running on the second drive, but still I had problems with it. Clover seems to just like screwing around with my EFI partition and making Windows break itself. And the audio problems...ugh. It's driving me crazy. I think at this point to fix that I'd need someone who actually knows what they're doing or maybe just chucking out the motherboard and using a different one.

That's it for now. Hopefully good news soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back