Contribute
Register

Mac OSX El Capitan on Gigabyte Z370 HD3P i7 - 8700k Coffeelake Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
Intel i7 - 8700k
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce 970
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Intel i7 - 8700k
Gigabyte Windforce 970

So some dipshit in the military fried the 270 motherboard, Skylake processor, and 1000 watt power supply that was in this Corsair Vengeance tower and left it by the dumpster on base. It had a perfectly good SSD, hard drive, GPU, and corsair liquid cooling system, plus all the fans worked so I took it in and bought brand new PSU, CPU, and motherboard for it. Rewired everything cause his wiring job was **** anyway... posted fine. I know the graphics card is a little old for this build but it was free I was in need of an upgrade and have too much invested in Mac software to boot windows 10 on this thing. The tech at MicroCenter said it could probably be a hackintosh "pretty easily" but that would entail that I know what the hell I am doing...

The other thing is that my MacBook Pro is almost 9-10 years old, and the only copy of OSX I could download was El Capitan.

Basically I am trying to run El Capitan OSX on an i7-8700 Coffee Lake. I will eventually upgrade the video card maybe months or a year from now but for now this is what I am trying to run.

I got all the way to the Clover boot screen but it keeps showing me the big white apple... monitor goes blue for a second... than I see the Gigabyte logo and back to Clover. So I am in a Clover loop. Something is not letting me get to the macOS install screen.

Not sure if it is the BIOS or if the EFI needs to be partitioned separately... or if I just need to restart the entire process from square 1.

HELP COMPUTER?

Last edited:
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Intel i7 - 8700k
Gigabyte Windforce 970

So some dipshit in the military fried the 270 motherboard, Skylake processor, and 1000 watt power supply that was in this Corsair Vengeance tower and left it by the dumpster on base. It had a perfectly good SSD, hard drive, GPU, and corsair liquid cooling system, plus all the fans worked so I took it in and bought brand new PSU, CPU, and motherboard for it. Rewired everything cause his wiring job was **** anyway... posted fine. I know the graphics card is a little old for this build but it was free I was in need of an upgrade and have too much invested in Mac software to boot windows 10 on this thing. The tech at MicroCenter said it could probably be a hackintosh "pretty easily" but that would entail that I know what the hell I am doing...

The other thing is that my MacBook Pro is almost 9-10 years old, and the only copy of OSX I could download was El Capitan.

Basically I am trying to run El Capitan OSX on an i7-8700 Coffee Lake. I will eventually upgrade the video card maybe months or a year from now but for now this is what I am trying to run.

I got all the way to the Clover boot screen but it keeps showing me the big white apple... monitor goes blue for a second... than I see the Gigabyte logo and back to Clover. So I am in a Clover loop. Something is not letting me get to the macOS install screen.

Not sure if it is the BIOS or if the EFI needs to be partitioned separately... or if I just need to restart the entire process from square 1.

HELP COMPUTER?

El Capitan has no support for your new hardware. Only High Sierra will work.

Thankyou... I will have to get a copy of High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back