NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have a question regarding Multiboot. I have 2 Hard Drives, both the same manufacturer and size.

Mac OS X Lion (thinking of upgrading to Mountain Lion) is installed on Hard Drive 1 and Windows 7 is installed on Hard Drive 2.

Currently, when I want to switch between the Operating Systems, I have to go through the BIOS and select the Hard Drive to start the System I want.

How do I get Chameleon to work, or is there any other way to have a Boot selector on startup, rather than going through the BIOS?

Thanks in advance,

NSKjunky

install the boot loader using multi beast, set osx to first boot drive and you should have the option to boot either at boot screen

I have a similar problem except on the same HDD with seperate partitions, but Chimera can not see my Win7 partition for some reason and thus is unable to boot it. :| Any ideas?

Have the same problem and i am searching already some hours...

This was happening to me too. I have no idea why this fixed things, but I simply unplugged the Windows drive, booted into Mountain Lion, shut down Mountain Lion and plugged the Windows drive back in. This somehow got Chameleon to see the windows drive, but if I change the boot order in my BIOS Chameleon loses it again. I find this strange as I don't even have to touch the #1 Mac SSD and #2 Windows SSD in my boot order and if I remove a non bootable HDD from the list, Chameleon stops working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back