Contribute
Register

Mac OSX 10.12 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey - did that and got the same result. Attached is the last thing I see on screen before the reboot.

Could it be that you're on an X99 U3.1 board, and I'm just on the older X99 Deluxe? Or perhaps that my install was with 10.12.1?

Could it be that you're on an X99 U3.1 board, and I'm just on the older X99 Deluxe? Or perhaps that my install was with 10.12.1?
No we have the same mainboard...mine has plus a pci-e card for usb3.1
It's strange because everything should work...we have same hardware except video card. Try to disable in bios bluetooth and audio card and try again

Hi Guys !
will somebody be kind to provide a guide, and some files, to make my power management working on my build:
i7-6850K Brodwell-E , mainboard Gigabyte GA-X99 Ultra Gaming
I installed mac os sierra very esy on build with clover, but i have no power management speed steps

It's strange because everything should work...we have same hardware except video card. Try to disable in bios bluetooth and audio card and try again

I'll give that a shot, plus disabling other unneeded peripherals (wifi, LAN, etc.), removing all PCI-E cards, and unplugging all unneeded peripherals and report back.

With 10.10. I needed AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext rollback kexts to avoid this reboot. I assume those aren't needed for Sierra with the 5960x then?

Still stuck. I've tried the following, in this order:
  • Updated BIOS to latest (3402, was previously on 3301) & then use Optimized Defaults w/changes as suggested by you
  • disable Bluetooth, WIFI, and Ethernet controllers
  • remove all external peripherals
  • remove all PCI-E devices except GPU
  • disable USB3 (Asmedia) controller
Every time I get a reboot after PCI Configuration Begin. If you build a Sierra boot USB as you've described, are you able to boot from it? Asking in case you wrote by memory and perhaps missed something? I'm not sure what else to try! As I mentioned as well, with 10.10 I need AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext rollback kexts to avoid a reboot at this point, but I haven't read anywhere about Sierra needing these.

Thanks for any further help...

Also tried -
  • Setting Intel XHCI mode to Enabled (instead of Smart Auto, as I read the reboot on mbinit could be USB related)
  • CPUS=1 clover switch
  • updating Clover on USB stick to latest version (3899)

Still stuck. I've tried the following, in this order:
  • Updated BIOS to latest (3402, was previously on 3301) & then use Optimized Defaults w/changes as suggested by you
  • disable Bluetooth, WIFI, and Ethernet controllers
  • remove all external peripherals
  • remove all PCI-E devices except GPU
  • disable USB3 (Asmedia) controller
Every time I get a reboot after PCI Configuration Begin. If you build a Sierra boot USB as you've described, are you able to boot from it? Asking in case you wrote by memory and perhaps missed something? I'm not sure what else to try! As I mentioned as well, with 10.10 I need AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext rollback kexts to avoid a reboot at this point, but I haven't read anywhere about Sierra needing these.

Thanks for any further help...
Of course i can boot with my USB stick...i put the same EFI i use with it. But anyway later i will check it again and i will let you know. You should reach osx with my conf because we have same specs...

Of course i can boot with my USB stick...i put the same EFI i use with it. But anyway later i will check it again and i will let you know. You should reach osx with my conf because we have same specs...

Appreciate it! I'm pretty sure your stick will work... I'm so perplexed as to why mine doesn't!!
I wonder if there's an alternate method I could use for the install... install on a real Mac first, or a legacy method...

Try again with this EFI....of course overwrite with the existing in the USB stick.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 188
Hi
I followed the guide posted in this thread to the best of my understanding but I am still unable to boot from the USB stick. I am wondering what are my chances of successfully installing Mac OS Sierra on this hardware: Asus X99-AII,
Intel Xeon E5-2609 V4 1.7GHz 8-Core, ATI Radeon HD 5770(from a MacPro 5.1), 32 gigs ram. Am I attempting an impossible task? I am stuck on " Freeing low memory. Result: 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back