Contribute
Register

Mac OSX 10.12 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya,

Due to the lack of hardware updates on Apples behalf I am looking at building a new hackintosh. This will be my second build. Will this work.

CPU: Intel I7 6850K (Or maybe a 6900K depending on funds)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI
Graphic Cards: ASUS ROG Radeon RX 480 STRIX Gaming OC 8GB (X2!)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB)
SSD #1: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 (For OSX)
SSD #2 Samsung 750 EVO 250GB (For Windows)
Cooler: Corsair H110i 280mm

Would I have full speedsteps? I have been following X99 for quite a while but it seems to be getting better

Thanks

It's not a big trouble with 5960x...
Prepare an USB stick as in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/;
- After Step 2 (it's not mandatory to install Multibeast) use Mount Any EFI app included here and select USB EFI. Overwrite it with the one included in EFI-USB zip;
- Follow Step 4 of the unibeast install guide. After installed Sierra reboot and select your USB stick as drive. Start selecting the SSD where you installed Sierra. When logged in OSX download and install clover (to run apps from anywhere use this command in terminal
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
). When the EFI will be mounted overwrite it with the one included in EFI-FINAL.
- Install nvidia web drivers if required by your graphics card. Patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext and use cloverconfigurator (google it to find) to enable in an easy way nvidia web drivers. Go to "System Parameters" tab and check "NvidiaWeb"...of course remove boot line nv_disable=1
I tried to be clear...ask if you have any problems.

How do I patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext? Using Multibeast? Or...?

Hiya,

Due to the lack of hardware updates on Apples behalf I am looking at building a new hackintosh. This will be my second build. Will this work.

CPU: Intel I7 6850K (Or maybe a 6900K depending on funds)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI
Graphic Cards: ASUS ROG Radeon RX 480 STRIX Gaming OC 8GB (X2!)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB)
SSD #1: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 (For OSX)
SSD #2 Samsung 750 EVO 250GB (For Windows)
Cooler: Corsair H110i 280mm

Would I have full speedsteps? I have been following X99 for quite a while but it seems to be getting better

Thanks
The graphics card will not work, you will need another card for you to see clover screen and login screen I think, everything else is close to my. Hold and will work

It's not a big trouble with 5960x...
Prepare an USB stick as in this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/;
- After Step 2 (it's not mandatory to install Multibeast) use Mount Any EFI app included here and select USB EFI. Overwrite it with the one included in EFI-USB zip;
- Follow Step 4 of the unibeast install guide. After installed Sierra reboot and select your USB stick as drive. Start selecting the SSD where you installed Sierra. When logged in OSX download and install clover (to run apps from anywhere use this command in terminal
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
). When the EFI will be mounted overwrite it with the one included in EFI-FINAL.
- Install nvidia web drivers if required by your graphics card. Patch AppleGraphicsControl.kext and use cloverconfigurator (google it to find) to enable in an easy way nvidia web drivers. Go to "System Parameters" tab and check "NvidiaWeb"...of course remove boot line nv_disable=1
I tried to be clear...ask if you have any problems.

Hey! Getting going on this - when booting from the install USB, I'm getting a reboot after PCI Configuration Begin. I'm on an Asus X99 Deluxe, 5960x, and Nvidia GTX Titan Black. Any ideas?

How did you set USB controller in bios? Try to load default parameters (F5), use your USB stick to a front USB2 and change only these values:
ADVANCED/USB Configuration/Intel XHCI mode Smart Auto and other 3 parameters to Enabled;
ADVANCED/CPU Configuration/CPU Power Management Configuration/Enanced Intel Speedstep Technology disabled;
BOOT/Fast Boot to disabled;
BOOT/CSM/Launch CSM enabled;
BOOT/Secure Boot/OS Type set to legacy and disable/unload PK State
Start with those default parameters and try again. Add -v to bootflag in clover and if possible attach a screenshots where it hangs.

How did you set USB controller in bios? Try to load default parameters (F5), use your USB stick to a front USB2 and change only these values:
ADVANCED/USB Configuration/Intel XHCI mode Smart Auto and other 3 parameters to Enabled;
ADVANCED/CPU Configuration/CPU Power Management Configuration/Enanced Intel Speedstep Technology disabled;
BOOT/Fast Boot to disabled;
BOOT/CSM/Launch CSM enabled;
BOOT/Secure Boot/OS Type set to legacy and disable/unload PK State
Start with those default parameters and try again. Add -v to bootflag in clover and if possible attach a screenshots where it hangs.

Hey - did that and got the same result. Attached is the last thing I see on screen before the reboot.

Attachments

• IMG_7282.JPG
    IMG_7282.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back