Contribute
Register

Mac OSX 10.12 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

Status
Not open for further replies.
After adding a TP-Link T9E AC1900 wifi card so Siri knows where I am, I also have continuity and handoff working. Not sure if this was working with El Cap since I've only tried it on Sierra. Wifi calling via FaceTime is pretty cool!

Any ideas?

This guide worked for me for the most part, but it would not recognize my GTX980; in About This Mac it said only "Nvidia 33 MB." To fix it (and get 4K, 3D acceleration and scaling working) I did the following:

1) Download the latest FakeSMC from Resources
2) Do not use the patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext from the first post
3) Use iMac 14,2 System Definition (not MacPro 6,2)

There is a little hiccup between the white Apple logo and the desktop, but otherwise it works perfectly.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for the work you have put into this, I'm one of those people downloading your files... :) I got pretty much everything working using your Clover config + kexts on my Gigabyte X99 UD5 with 5960X and GeForce 980.

Needs fine-tuning, but it's already a working, usable Sierra installation. Added bonus is Bluetooth using the internal stock (M2) Gigabyte Bluetooth/WiFi card, which I never managed to get working before. Not sure if functional WiFi is also a possibility (my understanding from the discussions here was no), but not going to bother with that for now.

[edit]
Oh and one more thing that may be helpful to others, I set my XHCI mode BIOS setting to 'Enabled'. That seemed to work better than any of the other settings, which caused the installer boot process to get stuck at 'Waiting on … boot-uuid-media'.

I have the same system you have with a 970. This is my first experience with X99 Hackintosh. I created the bootable Sierra drive using UniBeast 7 and I'm stuck as to what to do next.

I cant get the install media to work with OP boot flags. Which flags did you use to get the installer working?

This guide worked for me for the most part, but it would not recognize my GTX980; in About This Mac it said only "Nvidia 33 MB." To fix it (and get 4K, 3D acceleration and scaling working) I did the following:

1) Download the latest FakeSMC from Resources
2) Do not use the patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext from the first post
3) Use iMac 14,2 System Definition (not MacPro 6,2)

There is a little hiccup between the white Apple logo and the desktop, but otherwise it works perfectly.

It was an issue getting the Nvidia drivers to activate, because clover no longer uses the boot arg, they use an option. My problem now is I cannot use iMessage, and other apps because of a weird graphical glitch.

Hi~nice guide.

Please tell me more about how you prepare your installer USB.

I follow the basic guide using unibeast, but I cannot reach the osx installation screen.

It was an issue getting the Nvidia drivers to activate, because clover no longer uses the boot arg, they use an option. My problem now is I cannot use iMessage, and other apps because of a weird graphical glitch.

I now have it working with a MacPro6,2 definition. No changes to Clover other than the System Definition, but I used the AGDP fix instead of the pre-patched kext. The boot arg makes no difference in either case, but I did have to enable the web drivers (in the System Parameters) to get it working with either System Definition.

I now have it working with a MacPro6,2 definition. No changes to Clover other than the System Definition, but I used the AGDP fix instead of the pre-patched kext. The boot arg makes no difference in either case, but I did have to enable the web drivers (in the System Parameters) to get it working with either System Definition.
Use brumbaer's patches as listed here instead of patching AppleGraphicsPolicy every time you update your system:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Brumbaer's GDP Patch 1</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RURJRAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                RURJSQA=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Brumbaer's GDP Patch 2</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                dW5sb2FkAA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                dW5sb2FlAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Brumbaer's GDP Patch 3</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RGVmYXVsdAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                bm9uZQAAAAA=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Brumbaer's GDP Patch 4</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                Q29uZmlnTWFwAA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                Q29uZmlnTWFxAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Brumbaer's GDP Patch 5</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                RmVhdHVyZUNvbnRyb2wA
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                RmVhdHVyZUNvbnRyb20A
                </data>
            </dict>

what about a step by step guide for 5960x on sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back