Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been having issues with booting my machine after updating to yosemite. Every time I try to boot up I get the following error:
Code:
pxsx cannot assert wake from D3cold
. I have no problems when booting into safe mode but I can't seem to boot Yosemite without being in safe mode. I've attached a picture of my multibeast configuration and I'm using version 7.0.2.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-25 01:08:23 +0000.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-25 01:08:23 +0000.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 513
A search for similar problems suggest that it may be caused by the power save setting in your BIOS.

Check and make sure it is set to S3 mode.

Good Luck

I can't find the setting in my bios for power saver to set it to s3. Searching for the same problem and trying other people's solutions hasn't worked for me either.

reinstall your boot,loader, see if that helps
Tried that, it doesn't help.

After doing some research on my own I've been able to boot by using the -f flag but only sometimes. Other times with the -f flag I get a kernel panic or my computer just freezes and I have to hold down my power button until my machine turns off. Another thing I've tried after reading the following:
-f
Ignores kext caches during bootup on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. If you did not install a kext properly (usually because you forgot to run System Utilities in MultiBeast after installing a new kext), your kext cache will be damaged, and Mac OS X might become unbootable unless you use this boot flag. The kext cache was replaced by the kernel cache in Mac OS X Lion, so theoretically, the -f boot flag should no longer work; however, this boot flag can still help some Hackintoshes boot (for reasons unknown).
I instead just tried using the following kernel flag UseKernelCache=No and it was able toot just as if I used the -f flag.

So any ideas why this is working for me and why I can't boot normally without these flags?

I had the same problem after upgrading to Yosemite. Resetting kext cache solved the problem. By doing following:

rm -R /Extra/Extensions.mkext.
rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches

I know this post is a couple months old, but I just wanted to say that removing /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches worked for me when I had this issue. Not exactly sure what caused it but it's fixed now.

I had the same problem after upgrading to Yosemite. Resetting kext cache solved the problem. By doing following:

rm -R /Extra/Extensions.mkext.
rm -R /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
I'm having this problem now. How do you run a terminal command if you can't boot into the system?

I'm having this problem now. How do you run a terminal command if you can't boot into the system?
Boot from the recovery partition or your USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back