Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Ladies & Gents

Hope you are all well.

OK, I spent two days battling with trying to get Snow Leopard on my laptop. I have tried a couple of boot loaders as well. I keep getting a Kernel Panic, but I am not sure how to read it and identify what exactly the problem is. I am guessing it could be a RAM issue, but I have never had a problem with my RAM and it is fairly new. But MAC could be that sensitive I suppose.

I hope you can point me in the right direction. It will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

J :banghead:

Hey

Thanks for the reply, I eventually got it working and I can confirm that Snow Leopard runs perfectly on a Dell Inspiron 1525. My Dell has 2GB RAM.

Will take the next step to update to Lion soon!

Hey, did you have to do anything special?
I'm about to try this with my 1525.

I'm having the same problems for my inspiron 1525.
After swapping to the retail disk and pressing Enter, it loads for a while, then the display turns off. Then I waited and waited....
Then, I started over, using -v -x options so I can try it in safe mode and get a verbose output. Eventually, the display turned off here as well.
It may be a kernel panic issue like the other poster.
I would really appreciate it if people would post how they fixed a problem when they find a solution on their own.
Now, I got to keep digging....
If I find a solution, I'll come back and post it.
Unless somebody beats me to it.

Following the iBoot + Multibeast guide.
Inspiron 1525
Intel CPU + 3 GB ram.

Hy!i have Mountain lion on my laptop...all works fine,but sometimes when i do more tasks the mac freze...only cursor work and caps key...but the system dead...help please!the thing persist in snow leopard

I have just installed it to my Dell 1525 and it is working just fine. Thank you guys for this excelent Thread.

Which bios version do you have ?

Mavericks anyone???

Hey guys, just wanted to know if anyone knows if it's possible to upgrade to Mavericks? Has anyone tried this yet?

Hy!i have Mountain lion on my laptop...all works fine,but sometimes when i do more tasks the mac freze...only cursor work and caps key...but the system dead...help please!the thing persist in snow leopard

Hi! can you pl guide me on the installation process of ml on dell inspiron 1525

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back