Contribute
Register

Mac OS X El Capitan can't boot into installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Fujitsu Esprimo E-7935
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GT 210
Hello everyone, I am now having troubles with the installation of El Capitan on my Fujitsu Esprimo E-7935(DESKTOP)(4GB RAM, Intel Core 2 DUO E8500 3,16 GHz, L2 Cache 6MB, Intel Q45 Chipset, Intel GMA4500 Graphics(Later I will install NVIDIA GeForce 210)) I've tried cpus=1, SafeMode, Without Cache, but same kernel panic...For the usb creation I used UniBeast(On my MacBook) and I created it according to the guide on this site. I am now second day trying to solve the problem searching Google and using tons of Arguments and so on but nothing so I decided its time to give up and ask for help! So please help me in this journey of Hackintosh...Here's what verbose mode says:
IMG_0201.jpg

Post your bios settings. Intel GMA4500 isn't supported. better to use your GT210 i think that card requires GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Ok: Enhanced SpeedStep: Enabled, CPU Halt Mode: Enhanced, VT-X: Enabled, NX Memory Protection: Enabled, Hardware Prefetch: Enabled, Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: Enabled, Fast Boot: Enabled, SATA RAID Enable: DISABLED, SATA AHCI Enable: DISABLED, PCI Bus SERR Checking: Enabled, Enable TxT: Disabled, Virtualisation Technology(VT-d): Disabled.
And thats the most basic info i guess hope it helps! Thanks for the fast answer! I just tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no change.

Are you using Clover? if so then you will need to experiment.

Yes I am using the Clover Legacy Bootloader from the UniBeast.
Should I use another bootloader?

Ok: Enhanced SpeedStep: Enabled, CPU Halt Mode: Enhanced, VT-X: Enabled, NX Memory Protection: Enabled, Hardware Prefetch: Enabled, Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch: Enabled, Fast Boot: Enabled, SATA RAID Enable: DISABLED, SATA AHCI Enable: DISABLED, PCI Bus SERR Checking: Enabled, Enable TxT: Disabled, Virtualisation Technology(VT-d): Disabled.
And thats the most basic info i guess hope it helps! Thanks for the fast answer! I just tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, no change.

Okay for one thing "SATA AHCI Enable: DISABLED", AHCI needs to be enabled in the BIOS.

And on these old motherboards there is a need to use some Clover mods/fixes. Check out the sample config.plist, see the ACPI section for selected fixes that I have used on some of my oldes. And the parent config.plist is/was from one of Tony's threads for X58 motherboards.

Good modding,
neil

Attachments

• sample-config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 193
Thank you for the config.plist it helped a lot I just needed to change some fixes in the ACPI menu using clover configuration toll! And after about 10-20 attempts I successfully booted into the installation(and thanks for mentioning the AHCI mode I totally forgot about it) then I went to Disk utility and partitioned my whole HDD with the GUID partition table and with Mac OS X Journaled! Then the installation was successful and I was sooo happy till the computer had to restart I was then not able to boot neither to the installation nether to the freshly installed Mac OS X I get another kernel panic again with the CPU! I will later upload a verbos picture... And now my question is should I continue changing the ACPI statements(I tried like 50-60 times and then give up) or should I do something else? Thanks for the help!:D

Hello. This is my first hackintosh project. I'm trying to install the new OS X El Capitan. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z97X-D3H and my processor Intel i7 4790K.
I can't find all the settings i'm supposed to. For instance when I used the HD version of the bios I didn't find any of the mentioned settings from the guide.
When I switched to classic setup I did find VT-d and I disabled it.
There was also this "Windows 8 Features" and I switched it to "Other OS".
I've trouble to find the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode. When I didn't find these two I saved the settings and tried to install El Capitan.
I got to the install screen and it started to install but when the bar reached middle point the system restarted and got back to the install screen.
So I'm guessing the problem is in the imperfect settings. Please help me locate the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode.
i don't find any solutions.
who can help me?

I got to the install screen and it started to install but when the bar reached middle point the system restarted and got back to the install screen.
So I'm guessing the problem is in the imperfect settings. Please help me locate the CFG-Lock and Secure Boot Mode.

If you set Windows 8 mode to Other OS that should have disabled secure boot. CFG-lock is only present on certain boards and BIOSes. So your settings may be OK.

To troubleshoot the problem, please boot in verbose mode (space bar from the Clover menu) and post a photo of the screen where it stops or just before it reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back